An old friend: Relocation value does not fit in 24 bits

Post by Ofer Gore » Thu, 15 Aug 2002 17:20:34

> Dear all,

> I encountered the question "Relocation value does not fit in 24 bits"
> some days ago. I'm using VxWorks 5.4 and Tornado 2.0. The system has
> 64M RAM, use MPC8240 CPU. The compiler is gcc.
> I searched your posts about this question. It seems that if
> LOCAL_MEM_SIZE defined to 32M, the question will happen. In our
> system, LOCAL_MEM_SIZE is defined to 64M, and all work well before. I
> added about 10k lines of codes to our system recently, but the error
> occurs when I download the object file to target server.
> I tried to use -mlongcall option to compile the source code, but it's
> useless. faint.
> Thanks & best regards.

> Robie
> UTStarcom Inc. China

Hi.

How did you compile (re-compile) the kernel???

1. loadModule: Relocation value does not fit in 24 bits

Hello All,

When I load an object file by calling LoadModule() or ld (1)
<object_filename,the console show this information :

Relocation value does not fit in 24 bits.
Relocation value does not fit in 24 bits

But if I download this file by Tornado II,it is ok.
Who can help me?

2. Problem with ActiveSync and Pocket LOOX

3. Relocation value does not fit 24 bits

4. X server dying under HPUX

5. Load Error "Relocation value does not fit in 24 bits"

6. Closing document

7. "Relocation value does not fit in 24 bits" errors

8. server not showing up under my network places

9. Power PC 24 bit relocation and -mlongcall

10. PPC: 24-bit relocation error

11. Green Hills and 24-Bit Relocations

12. PPC 24-bit relocation problem

13. Workaround: PPC 24-bit relocation problem