Class C subnet mask on class B network

Post by Ceci » Fri, 05 Apr 2002 18:30:52

Does anybody know if there is a way to force vxworks to accept a
subnet mask? I am aware that vxworks calculates it's subnet mask based
on the machines IP address, but is there anyway to override this???
Thanks
Nigel

Class C subnet mask on class B network

Post by Werner Schiend » Fri, 05 Apr 2002 20:46:22

Hi,

how do you set the IP Address?
With ifAddrSet?

<quote source="VxWorks Reference Manual">
The subnet mask used in determining the network portion of the address will
be that set by ifMaskSet( ), or the default class mask if ifMaskSet( ) has
not been called. It is standard practice to call ifMaskSet( ) prior to
calling ifAddrSet( ).

</quote>

If you set the IP address with the bootrom, use the netmask in hex notation
as part of the IP address specified for the target.

Example:

10.20.30.40:ffffff00

Will use netmask 255.255.255.0

hth

Werner

Quote:> Does anybody know if there is a way to force vxworks to accept a
> subnet mask? I am aware that vxworks calculates it's subnet mask based
> on the machines IP address, but is there anyway to override this???
> Thanks
> Nigel

1. Legacy Class, implementation with class A in class B parameter...

Hello,

Hello, I have some questions about implementing CORBA with legacy class
inC++(which was not develooped for this...).

I have 2 legacy class:

//------------------
Classe LcDatabase
//------------------
 bool Open( const char* szPathname);
 bool Close();
...}

//------------------
Classe LcAdmLookup
//------------------
 long Count(const LcDatabase& Database, const char* CountryName);
...}

IDL

module Napi
 {
 interface Database
  {
  boolean Open(in string szPathname);
  void Close();
  };
 interface AdmLookup
  {
  long Count(in Database Db, in string CountryName);
  };
 };

IMPLEMENTATION

class DatabaseImpl: public POA_Napi::Database
{
protected:
    LcDatabase Db;   //Legacy class
public:
    CORBA::Boolean Open(const char * szPathname)
        {
         CORBA::Boolean res = Db.Open(szPathname);
         return res;
        };
    void Close()
        {
         Db.Close();
        };

class AdmLookupImpl: public POA_Napi::AdmLookup
{
public:
 virtual CORBA::Long Count(Napi::Database_ptr DbI)
    {
     LcAdmLookup Count( Db, "Test" );
    }

Here, the problem, is that 'Db' should be a reference of LcDatabase and not
DatabaseImpl
How can I use an get the LcDatabase instance from DatabaseImpl instance in
AdmLookupImpl..., could you give me the exemple.

Thanks for your HELP.

2. maintenance blues

3. class inherit class A _and_ class B

4. Propagateing themes to new pages

5. sendto() failing in Class A network with ClassC mask

6. How do I get language support?

7. Need help using Class E Subnets with VxWorks

8. Apple IIgs schematics anyone? Which chip is BRAM?

9. xbox console Class A and Class B

10. MNP Protocol Specifications - Class 4 & Class 5

11. What are legacy classes, wat zijn legacy classes?

12. Type case from base class to children class.