Windnet Streams

Post by Mousumi Haz » Thu, 06 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Has anyone used WindRiver's Windnet Streams? I have an ATM adapter
card driver (solaris code) that I need to port to vxworks and
was told that some of the files that user <sys/stream.h> can
be ported with little or no change at all using Windnet streams.

I would like to get some inputs on this.

Thank you
Mousumi Hazra

Windnet Streams

Post by Casey Crelli » Fri, 07 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

>Has anyone used WindRiver's Windnet Streams? I have an ATM adapter
>card driver (solaris code) that I need to port to vxworks and
>was told that some of the files that user <sys/stream.h> can
>be ported with little or no change at all using Windnet streams.

>I would like to get some inputs on this.

    I assume this card lies below the dlpi layer. Check to see if the dlpi layer
now has the functionality to handle streams drivers below it. About  a year back
when I did a FDDI driver port this was not the case. Otherwise most of it should
be portable.

Casey
--
Casey Crellin
Tel. +27 82 933 1412 (c)

1. windnet streams with I_SETSIG

I'm now poring an application with pSOS to VxWorks. I have problems when
trying to convert ioctl(fd, I_SETSIG, ...) to the windnet streams. The
vxworks document says the signal handling is not supported by the stream
so don't use I_SETSIG and SIGPOLL. I found a lot of places in our code
uses this method of notifying the application while the specific events
happened on the stream. Is there anyone knows how to get this part
ported? thanks

2. Anyone have a good ISDN ISP in the NY METRO AREA?

3. Sample of WindNet STREAMS driver???

4. New Plug-In for Code Composer Studio V2.0

5. WindNet STREAMS: drivers, SENS

6. Newell 256K -> Rambo?

7. Windnet Streams and streamtab device drivers

8. Second CFP (Extended Deadline)

9. experience about WindNet Radius And WindNet PPP?

10. WindNet SNMP API (WindNet SNMP API) ???

11. WindNET stack and WindNET router stack.

12. MPEG 1 system stream to MPEG 2 transport stream converter?

13. including streams into other streams