MPEG DECODER CHIPS - Thompson vs. CCube vs. LSI vs. Zoran?

MPEG DECODER CHIPS - Thompson vs. CCube vs. LSI vs. Zoran?

Post by Steve Alco » Fri, 24 Feb 1995 00:34:51

My company is making a vertical market product for solid state
playback of video.  Does anyone have comments on the above referenced
MPEG1 and MPEG2 decoder chips?  We're looking for low parts
count, and all the usual desireable attributes.  Has anyone done an NTSC
output using one? A microprocessor front end?

Thanks.

Steve Alcorn, Alcorn McBride Inc.     |    Alcorn McBride engineers audio,
                                      |    video, show, and ride controls
   "No wonder da water don't woik...  |    for the theme park industry.
      da pipes is full of wires!"     |

1. VB 3.0 vs PB vs Access 2.0 vs Oracle CDE vs SQL Windows vs C++

I need to choose one (or few) of this tools. All of us needs to. I'l like
to receive comparisions and opinions on theses (and other) tools to be
clients of Oracle and/or Sybase.

I'll make a summary (concatenate) of the answers and post to:

        comp.databases.oracle
        comp.databases.sybase
        comp.databases.access
        comp.lang.basic.visual
        comp.client-server
        comp.soft-sys.powerbuilder

Please, SEND ANSWERS and try to consider all aspects of the sotware production.

Thanks for all of us.

2. Backup VPN and automatic failover

3. PowerBuilder vs VisualBasic vs Oracle's CDE vs C++ vs SQLWindows vs ?

4. DOS: United States characters

5. LaserDisc vs. MPEG (High density CD's vs. Whitebook vs. LD)

6. Help , Newbie

7. Quark VS Frame VS PageMaker VS Ventura VS Word97

8. Printing via pc trouble

9. CORBA vs. DCOM vs. DCE vs. RMI vs. ...

10. RTLinux vs. Labview RT vs. VxWorks vs. QNX vs. ???

11. Pentium vs Pentium II vs Celeron vs 120 vs 450 etc

12. c64 vs CPC vs Speccy vs Atari vs Whatever