MPEG Audio compression info/source wanted

MPEG Audio compression info/source wanted

Post by 9230.. » Sat, 06 Jun 1992 07:49:18

I am looking for any public domain, shareware or freeware program
or source code that implements the proposed MPEG I AUDIO COMPRESSION
standard.

This standard is supposed to deliver about 6:1 (lossy) compression
on a 1.5 Mbit/sec CD audio bitstream, reducing it to about 256 Kbit/
second.  Alternatively, any further info on the standard or any other
audio compression standards that achieve similar compression would be
appreciated.  Any references here would be great.

In the comp.compression FAQ persons interested are referred to the
proposed draft standard document for further information.  Is this
document available for anonymous ftp from anywhere?

Please email any responses or follow-ups to me or to comp.compression,
alt.sources.[whatever] or comp.sources.[whatever].

Thanks,

Jacques Grove

Stellenbosch
SOUTH AFRICA

1. MPEG Audio Compression Source Code

I am looking, specifically, for MPEG-1 Layer 3 audio encoder source code.
The code will probably not implement the entire Layer 3 specification,
and it will certainly not be real-time.

I do have the MPEG-1 audio coders and decoders for Layers 1 and 2, which
I think are released by ISO as a part of the MPEG Standard (available at
IUMA). I also have the decoder for Layer 3, written by Fraunhofer-IIS.
The Layer 3 encoder executable is available from Fraunhofer-IIS, but
not the source.

Does anyone know if ISO has released any source for audio Layer 3, and
from where these might be available?

Thanks.

-Ashutosh Dixit

2. Panasonic DVD Rom

3. Any available source for MPEG audio compression?

4. TS cannot locate license server

5. MPEG audio layer 3 source WANTED

6. What are the ports which SMS Uses ?

7. MPEG audio compression wanted

8. WANTED: source for lossy audio compression

9. WANTED: MPEG 1 INTERLEAVED FILES AND MPEG 1 AUDIO LEVEL II FILES

10. Sources Wanted : Audio source coding (perceptive)

11. need easy source code for jpeg or video or audio mpeg

12. Source MPEG-2 Audio codec