Original Date & time in a zip file created with pkzip 2.04

Original Date & time in a zip file created with pkzip 2.04

Post by --- » Mon, 31 Dec 2001 02:15:52

I have a zip file (pippo.zip) on 3 disks created with PKZIP 2.04 (spanned)
The disks are named PKBAK#001 to PKBAK#003.
They contain files called "pippo.zip"  dated 30/04/2000 (TIME from 15.15 of
disk#1 to 15.21 of disk#3)
Can anyone help me guessing if this date and time are originally created by
pkzip or if they have been changed somehow ?
Is any software tool available to assess the originality of the file date?
Thanks

Libero

Original Date & time in a zip file created with pkzip 2.04

Post by Anthony Nagg » Sun, 06 Jan 2002 10:54:47

After much consideration --- decided to share these wise words:

Quote:>I have a zip file (pippo.zip) on 3 disks created with PKZIP 2.04 (spanned)
>The disks are named PKBAK#001 to PKBAK#003.
>They contain files called "pippo.zip"  dated 30/04/2000 (TIME from 15.15 of
>disk#1 to 15.21 of disk#3)
>Can anyone help me guessing if this date and time are originally created by
>pkzip or if they have been changed somehow ?

They sound consistent. It usually takes 2 or 3 minutes to zip data to
each disk.

Quote:>Is any software tool available to assess the originality of the file date?

The only suspicious thing would be if you listed the files in the zip,
and any times / dates were later than the zip file.

Tony
--
  BAD COMPUTER!  That's my registry file you've trashed.