Pkunzip in win95 question

Post by Jim Miha » Tue, 01 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I've used pkunzip in win 3.1 by going to the file manager, dragging the
.zip file over pkunzip and presto...de-compression!

I now have win 95 and when I do the same thing on some machines..it
works the same way...but other machines place the extracted files on the
desktop (not in the folder containing the .zip file).  Can anyone please
tell me the setting to make sure all extraced files simply de-compress
to the folder and not the desktop?

Thanks in advance.

--
-----------------------  *  --------------------------------
     *     *               Twinkle Twinkle little star...

                    *  Latitude: 42 59' 28" N Longitude: 88 22' 46" W
Check out this page:
http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Park/3508/trump.html
Jim Mihal

Pkunzip in win95 question

Post by Screame » Sat, 09 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>I've used pkunzip in win 3.1 by going to the file manager, dragging the
>.zip file over pkunzip and presto...de-compression!

>I now have win 95 and when I do the same thing on some machines..it
>works the same way...but other machines place the extracted files on the
>desktop (not in the folder containing the .zip file).  Can anyone please
>tell me the setting to make sure all extraced files simply de-compress
>to the folder and not the desktop?

This is not really a problem concerning pkunzip. It happens because of
the way Win95 passes the current directory to a called program. I dont
know how one could change this behaviour though.

REALITY.SYS not found.
Universe halted.

but REMOVE the hyphens. Sorry.