Compressing in real time with a Hauppauge Win TV Card

Post by Mat » Mon, 30 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I need to be able to capture and compress video (at about 1/4 or
better) compression ratio. My PC can manage to compress lower res MPEG
in very nearly Real time (k6-2 350).....I need somthing with lower
compression that MPEG so it can be done in real time.

Thanks.....Matt

Compressing in real time with a Hauppauge Win TV Card

Post by Guillaume de Baillliencour » Fri, 04 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Try the MM software MJPEG codec at www.morgan-multimedia.com

Wonder Pro (YUV ATI) / Pentium 200 MMX.

(RGB 16 or RGB 24) / Pentium II 333.

I'm working on super fasts YV12 & YVU9 input for compression.

Can you tell me capture output format of the Hauppauge Win TV Card, I'll
tell you if I can optimize the MM codec for it.

Giom.

Quote:>I need to be able to capture and compress video (at about 1/4 or
>better) compression ratio. My PC can manage to compress lower res MPEG
>in very nearly Real time (k6-2 350).....I need somthing with lower
>compression that MPEG so it can be done in real time.

>Thanks.....Matt

Compressing in real time with a Hauppauge Win TV Card

Post by Ihor » Fri, 04 Dec 1998 04:00:00

You can try our Ligos MPEG encoder.
I experiment with it using Hauppauge Win TV board
(and other Rockwell Bt848-879 based cards).
With P2-333 I can achive  real-time MPEG-1
compression at 30fps, 320x240.

Ihor.

>Try the MM software MJPEG codec at www.morgan-multimedia.com

>Wonder Pro (YUV ATI) / Pentium 200 MMX.

>(RGB 16 or RGB 24) / Pentium II 333.

>I'm working on super fasts YV12 & YVU9 input for compression.

>Can you tell me capture output format of the Hauppauge Win TV Card, I'll
>tell you if I can optimize the MM codec for it.

>Giom.

>>I need to be able to capture and compress video (at about 1/4 or
>>better) compression ratio. My PC can manage to compress lower res MPEG
>>in very nearly Real time (k6-2 350).....I need somthing with lower
>>compression that MPEG so it can be done in real time.

>>Thanks.....Matt

1. Hauppauge TV Tuner Card (WinTV-PRV-USB)

Folks:

I recently purchased a TV Tuner Card (WinTV-PRV-USB) for my Lap Top from a
company called Hauppauge.  It works very well and now I can PLAY, PAUSE,
RECORD to Hard Disk all my Cable Television channels on my Lap Top.

However, I have not been able to display video from my VCR nor from my
CAMCORDER.  Just wondering if anyone can throw any light on this question or
provide any internet referenes.  A more appropriate newsgroup would be
great.

PS
For the past year I have been asking the folks at Toshiba (I have a Toshiba
Lap Top) how to display TV content on my Lap Top.  These good folks (and
many other) have always insisted that playing TV content on a Lap Top is
impossible.  It may be possible on a Desktop Computer but never on a Lap
Top.

Luckily I have both a home network and a voracious experimental spirit.  I
have been able to prove these people wrong on this and on many previous
occasions.

Thanks,
 John

2. HELP!! APAY transactions off one month

3. Hauppauge Win/TV PCI

4. Epson Stylus 600 - HELP!

5. Hauppauge Win Tv Primio

6. Word into LaTeX

7. Real-time vs real-time vs real time

8. VOC pleasant surprise

9. real time acquisition from sound card in PC with WIN NT, XP or 98.

10. SHORTEN, compress in real-time???

11. Software Algorithm for Real Time Data Compress

12. what's the exact difference between Hard Real-Time and Soft Real-Time

13. Is Real Time Publish and Subscribe realy "real time"