Zipping script help!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Mar » Fri, 15 Feb 2002 09:16:10

I would like to use pkunzip (dos) or wzzip (dos) in a script to help
the automation of file compression. I would like to take any files
with a *.dat extension and zip it put I would like to take the first
part of the file and use that for the name of the file example
test.dat zips up to test.zip what would be the varabile to use? with
wwzip we use %1.zip % does anyone have ideas?? please help!!!

Thank You

Zipping script help!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Raymond Wa » Fri, 15 Feb 2002 11:04:00

Quote:> I would like to use pkunzip (dos) or wzzip (dos) in a script to help
> the automation of file compression. I would like to take any files
> with a *.dat extension and zip it put I would like to take the first
> part of the file and use that for the name of the file example
> test.dat zips up to test.zip what would be the varabile to use? with
> wwzip we use %1.zip % does anyone have ideas?? please help!!!

Hi,

        I would think this is an issue with the script language you are
using?  If you are using Perl (for Windows), I would suggest you just use
regular expression matching.  I believe you have that option with any
modern scripting language, with the exception of DOS batch files (which I
hope you're not using!  ^_^).

Ray

Zipping script help!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Mar » Fri, 15 Feb 2002 15:07:02

> > I would like to use pkunzip (dos) or wzzip (dos) in a script to help
> > the automation of file compression. I would like to take any files
> > with a *.dat extension and zip it put I would like to take the first
> > part of the file and use that for the name of the file example
> > test.dat zips up to test.zip what would be the varabile to use? with
> > wwzip we use %1.zip % does anyone have ideas?? please help!!!

> Hi,

>    I would think this is an issue with the script language you are
> using?  If you are using Perl (for Windows), I would suggest you just use
> regular expression matching.  I believe you have that option with any
> modern scripting language, with the exception of DOS batch files (which I
> hope you're not using!  ^_^).

> Ray

Ray,

I'm using DOS batch files. can you provide an example of how perl
would do the zipping?

Thanks

Marc

1. Another encrypted zip file problem - Zip file experts please

Could someone tell me if there is any difference between a normal encrypted
zip archive, and an encrypted archive that is spanned over several floppy
diskettes.

My problem is that have successfully written some code to extract and
decrypt files from a normal single zip archive, i.e.

- I have extracted and decrypted the 12 byte encryption header.
- I have compared the last byte of the header with the high order byte of
the file being extracted to ascertain that the password is correct.

As I have said, this works fine on a single archive, however when I take the
same files and encrypt them in a spanned archive (over several floppies)
using the same password, when my program read and decrypts the 12 byte
header the last byte does not match the high byte of the CRC even though the
password is correct.

If I skip this bit and just decrypt the data in the zip file anyway, it
decrypts and extracts fine with no problems, suggesting that there is
nothing wrong with the data.

This has really got me stumped, any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Chris

2. Cannot Defrag Drive

3. Help please: PageScan Color Pro and Parallel Zip Drive

4. creatix phonemaster144vf firmware

5. Local and Remote queries

6. HomeSeer -- timer script help, please!

7. UUUP addresses

8. Please help: can Iomega zip drives work with NeXT slabs?

9. Help with Lotus Script please!

10. deflate format(zip experts, please help)

11. damaged zip file please help

12. Locked out of my OWN .ZIP (Please Help!)