Can't find gunzip on solaris 8 ultra5

Post by mark sastr » Wed, 27 Feb 2002 04:04:42

I'm new to this. How do I get gunzip installed on my Solaris 8 ultra5
machine? Thanks.

Mark

Post by Mikael Lundqvis » Wed, 27 Feb 2002 04:40:24

> I'm new to this. How do I get gunzip installed on my Solaris 8 ultra5
> machine? Thanks.

Do an echo $path, or something similar. It was a couple of years ago I
worked with it.
Then just move the executables to this folder.
If it's on a server then store it locally, e.g. "bin", added to your
environment variable path.

Regards,
--
Mikael Lundqvist

http://www.geocities.com/mikaellq/
   Occam's Razor:
"Keep things simple!"

Post by Tom St Den » Fri, 01 Mar 2002 09:45:04

> I'm new to this. How do I get gunzip installed on my Solaris 8 ultra5
> machine? Thanks.

Off topic for this forum.

Tom

Can't find gunzip on solaris 8 ultra5

Post by Ojala Pasi 'Albert » Fri, 01 Mar 2002 17:11:14

Quote:>Off topic for this forum.

If you find off-topic discussion in a newsgroup, you should not generate
more off-topic discussion (like me), but either
1) ignore it
2) mail him to complain

Thank you for your co-operation.

-Pasi
--
"When I marry, I want it to be for love."
"Ah, a radical?"

Post by Timo Sal » Sat, 02 Mar 2002 02:50:16

> > I'm new to this. How do I get gunzip installed on my Solaris 8 ultra5
> > machine? Thanks.
> Off topic for this forum.

Gzip (GNU zip) is a popular DATA COMPRESSION PROGRAM written by

corresponding decompresser.

   All the best, Timo

Timo's  FAQ  materials  at   http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/tsfaq.html

1. Can't find GUNZIP for dos!

Hi,
I'm trying to get hold of a gunzip for dos based machines.
I have downloaded garbo.uwasa.fi:/pc/arcers/gzip107.exe and in the documents
with this it talks about gunzip, but it isn't in this (self extracting) file.
Can anyone tell me whete I might get hold of gunzip?

Many thanks

Paul Butterworth, Verifone (UK) Ltd, London.

2. Installing Netmon2 on a Windows 2000 Pro Machine

3. Driving 'canned' QNX Windows apps.

4. 803 ISP and NT Server RAS problem

5. VIM 5.5 Solaris: Weird problem running gunzip on larg-ish files

6. $$$ Project manager (10+ Years) $$$

7. Solaris Motif req'd for vim GUI not found

8. Third CFP: 4th Intl. Conf. on High Perf. Computing (HiPC '97, India)

9. It's not bad canned meat...

10. Where can I find a MS-DOS version of GUNZIP ??

11. Help! GUNZIP - GZIP - Where to find ?????

12. It's not bad canned meat...