Any MPEG Layer 3 audio decoder chips available?

Any MPEG Layer 3 audio decoder chips available?

Post by Kyler Lai » Thu, 18 Dec 1997 04:00:00

I've been trying to find Layer 3 audio decoder
chips for a long time.  From the responses I've
received, it appears that in order to be able
to purchase/use any of these chips a licensing
agreement is necessary.  IOW, I can't just run
down to a chip retailer, purchase a chip, plop
it into a socket and have something useful.

Is this accurate?  Is there an easy way around
it?

Thank you.

--kyler