Text to Text compression

Post by PPrem.. » Wed, 01 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

Does anyone know of any Text to Text compression utilities or algorithm?

The scenario is that I have an XML file which has one of its elements
too huge[ about 4 MB ] and I don't want that to be sent over the
network causing severe delay. I'm planning to compress that element [
which has only 0-9 and A-F characters ] alone and then embed the
compressed one instead of the original element thereby reducing the
size of the XML file to be sent over the network. At the receiving side
I can write the inflation logic inside the Parser.

Does anyone know about any utility to do the compression or does anyone
know of better way of implementing this ?

Thanx,
Prem.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.