Was JPEG2000 ratified at Maui meeting?

Was JPEG2000 ratified at Maui meeting?

Post by Kent Curti » Fri, 31 Dec 1999 04:00:00



The  ISO SC29 working group (ISO/IEC JTC1/SC29/WG1) was to hold a
meeting in Maui early in December, 1999.  It was hoped that Part 1 of
JPEG2000 would reach Committee Draft (CD) status at that meeting.

Can anyone comment on what was resolved at the December meeting and what
is the projected timeline for ratifying JPEG2000 as an ISO standard?

Thank you.

Kent Curtis

 
 
 

Was JPEG2000 ratified at Maui meeting?

Post by Holger Betta » Fri, 31 Dec 1999 04:00:00



> The  ISO SC29 working group (ISO/IEC JTC1/SC29/WG1) was to hold a
> meeting in Maui early in December, 1999.  It was hoped that Part 1 of
> JPEG2000 would reach Committee Draft (CD) status at that meeting.

> Can anyone comment on what was resolved at the December meeting and what
> is the projected timeline for ratifying JPEG2000 as an ISO standard?

> Thank you.

I'm not a member of any comittee, but I saw this at EETimes:

http://www.eet.com/story/OEG19991228S0028

  Holger

 
 
 

Was JPEG2000 ratified at Maui meeting?

Post by David Cluni » Sat, 01 Jan 2000 04:00:00


Hi Kent

A CD of Part 1 was produced in Maui, that will now go for ballot.

I believe the tentative schedule is for FCD ballot to start in March
and FDIS ballot to start in Jan 01.

david


Quote:

> The  ISO SC29 working group (ISO/IEC JTC1/SC29/WG1) was to hold a
> meeting in Maui early in December, 1999.  It was hoped that Part 1 of
> JPEG2000 would reach Committee Draft (CD) status at that meeting.

> Can anyone comment on what was resolved at the December meeting and what
> is the projected timeline for ratifying JPEG2000 as an ISO standard?

> Thank you.

> Kent Curtis

--

Director, Medical Imaging Technologies   http://idt.net/~dclunie/
Quintiles Intelligent Imaging             http://www.i2image.com/
521 Plymouth Rd #115                  Work 610-238-0572 Fax -0578
Plymouth Meeting PA 19462             Home 570-897-7123 Fax -5117
 
 
 

Was JPEG2000 ratified at Maui meeting?

Post by Jim Simpso » Fri, 07 Jan 2000 04:00:00


Is the CD of Part 1 available online?  If so, where?

Jim


> Hi Kent

> A CD of Part 1 was produced in Maui, that will now go for ballot.

> I believe the tentative schedule is for FCD ballot to start in March
> and FDIS ballot to start in Jan 01.

> david


> > The  ISO SC29 working group (ISO/IEC JTC1/SC29/WG1) was to hold a
> > meeting in Maui early in December, 1999.  It was hoped that Part 1 of
> > JPEG2000 would reach Committee Draft (CD) status at that meeting.

> > Can anyone comment on what was resolved at the December meeting and what
> > is the projected timeline for ratifying JPEG2000 as an ISO standard?

> > Thank you.

> > Kent Curtis

> --

> Director, Medical Imaging Technologies   http://idt.net/~dclunie/
> Quintiles Intelligent Imaging             http://www.i2image.com/
> 521 Plymouth Rd #115                  Work 610-238-0572 Fax -0578
> Plymouth Meeting PA 19462             Home 570-897-7123 Fax -5117

 
 
 

Was JPEG2000 ratified at Maui meeting?

Post by Diego Santa Cru » Sat, 08 Jan 2000 04:00:00



> Is the CD of Part 1 available online?  If so, where?

As far as I'm aware the document is to be public. However, it's not online
yet. Normally it should be online at http://www.jpeg.org soon.

        Diego

> Jim



> > Hi Kent

> > A CD of Part 1 was produced in Maui, that will now go for ballot.

> > I believe the tentative schedule is for FCD ballot to start in March
> > and FDIS ballot to start in Jan 01.

> > david


> > > The  ISO SC29 working group (ISO/IEC JTC1/SC29/WG1) was to hold a
> > > meeting in Maui early in December, 1999.  It was hoped that Part 1 of
> > > JPEG2000 would reach Committee Draft (CD) status at that meeting.

> > > Can anyone comment on what was resolved at the December meeting and what
> > > is the projected timeline for ratifying JPEG2000 as an ISO standard?

> > > Thank you.

> > > Kent Curtis

> > --

> > Director, Medical Imaging Technologies   http://idt.net/~dclunie/
> > Quintiles Intelligent Imaging             http://www.i2image.com/
> > 521 Plymouth Rd #115                  Work 610-238-0572 Fax -0578
> > Plymouth Meeting PA 19462             Home 570-897-7123 Fax -5117

--
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Signal Processing Laboratory (LTS)                http://ltswww.epfl.ch
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (EPFL)
EL - Ecublens - CH-1015 Lausanne - Switzerland
Office:     ELE 231
Phone:      +41 - 21 - 693 47 14 (Office)
            +41 - 21 - 693 46 20 (LTS Lab)                 *   *
Fax:        +41 - 21 - 693 76 00                           'O^-'
Mobile:     +41 - 79 - 435 06 45                           ( o )
-------------------------------------------------------- oOO U OOo ----

  Diego.SantaCruz.vcf
< 1K Download