Looking for a paper

Post by Sandra Staic » Mon, 30 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hello everybody,

    I'm looking for a paper I once found searching the Internet, but I lost
my printed copy and can't find the URL.
I don't remember the author's name, but the paper is about a hybrid
compression algorithm, where before compressing, it would divide the input
in blocks/chunks, check the data type (binary, text, image, etc.) using an
extension of Unix file command and then switch to the more appropriate
algorithm (it had LZ, run-length, arithmetic, and others).
    Does anybody know anything about this?
    I think I found it searching in Compression Pointers page
(http://www.internz.com/compression-pointers.html), but I've made several
searches in search engines and can't find it. Maybe the page is not
available anymore, but I'd greatly appreciate if anyone could give me a hint
on how to find it.
   Thanks a lot in advance,

--
Sandra Staico
Computer Science M. Sc. Student

1. Looking for recent papers on parallel lexing/parsing

   Dear readers of this newsgroup,

  I am looking for the text of two papers presented at the 6th
  International Parallel Processing Symposium (Berverly Hills, CA,
  USA, March 23--26, 1992).  The proceedings have, of course, not
  appeared yet at our library.  Still, I would like to read them
  quickly in order to be able to include them in a soon to appear
  annotated bibliography on parallel parsing.  Is there any way to
  get the text of the following two papers quickly (maybe via the
  authors themselves)?

    C.R. Asthagiri & J.L. Potter
    Associative parallel lexing

    W. Deng & S. Sitharama Iyengar
    Parallel algorithms for arithmetic expression parsing

  Thanks!

  Paul Oude Luttighuis
  Dept. of Computer Science
  University of Twente
  P.O. Box 217
  NL-7500 AE  Enschede
  The Netherlands

2. Porting Web application written in Oracle 8 PL/SQL to Postgresql

3. Looking for paper by L.G. Valiant

4. how to display the product code of my USRobotics Courier Modem ?

5. Looking for Ostrowski's paper ....

6. Msbb error message

7. instruction level parallelism - looking for a paper

8. digitize scaned data

9. Looking for Papers: Parallel OOPL

10. Looking for recent conference papers in Communication in IN

11. looking for Gao's paper on loop fusion

12. HELP: Looking for papers

13. Looking for Hawaii conf. call for papers