Calculating UB and LB at binary arithmetic coding

Calculating UB and LB at binary arithmetic coding

Post by Roland Rechn » Wed, 02 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Does anybody knows how I can calculate the upper bounds and lower
bounds using arithmetic coding ?
I.E., how do I get the UB and LB when I ' d like to encode the
following string:

00010110100001011010

Thanks in advance
Roland

Calculating UB and LB at binary arithmetic coding

Post by Roland Rechn » Wed, 02 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Does anybody knows how I can calculate the upper bounds and lower
bounds using arithmetic coding ?
I.E., how do I get the UB and LB when I ' d like to encode the
following string:

00010110100001011010

Thanks in advance
Roland

Calculating UB and LB at binary arithmetic coding

Post by Jae Ki » Thu, 03 Dec 1998 04:00:00

This paper may be a good starting point:

I. H. Written et. al., "Arithmetic coding for data compression," Comm.
ACM, vol. 30, no. 6, pp. 520-540, June, 1978.

Hope this helps.

-Jae

>Does anybody knows how I can calculate the upper bounds and lower
>bounds using arithmetic coding ?
>I.E., how do I get the UB and LB when I ' d like to encode the
>following string:

>00010110100001011010

>Thanks in advance
>Roland

1. How to determine the end of the binary arithmetic coding?

Hi,

For normal arithmetic coding, we can put an EOF in the symbol list to mark
the end of the stream. However binary coding is used in JPEG 2000. Anyone
can explain how to determine the end of the binary arithmetic coding stream?
Binary arithmetic coding takes the advantage of only two symbols existing in
the symbol list, apparently we can not  add further symbol as mark.

2. Capital Gains AND MS Money99

3. Arithmetic coding of binary data

4. Where should application files go?

5. Binary vs Multilevel Arithmetic Coding

6. New PIV can't load Win98

7. Request: Arithmetic coding for binary alphabets

8. Looking for LISP

9. Motors? oz/in, lb/in, lb/ft. . .

10. Wether Arithmetic coding or huffman coding is used in OpenDivx codec ?

11. arithmetic coding,huffman coding

12. C++ code for Arithmetic Coding - Please check out