Zip Error 16: Invalid File Name

Post by Micha » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 05:08:45

Hello,
     I am running into an issue with a pre-built binary, ready-to-run
Zip.dll (version 2.3 currently used in InfoZip).  When I have an a
filename to be archived by the Zip libaray and the absolute path of
the file contains a '[' character, the Zip library displays a message
box with the error: "Zip Error 16, Bad Zip Options Specified".  When I
use an absolute path with alpha characters, the zip proceeds.

My two questions on this:
1. Which character sets are considered invalid, according to the
pre-built binary Zip library?
2. Is there a workaround?

I've obtained the Zip.dll from the InfoZip home page:
http://www.info-zip.org

Any help and / or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael

1. ERROR: Invalid header on file ZIP.AMAALL.DATA.

Hello,
I've got this error message: ERROR: Invalid header on file AMA.AMAALL.DATA.

This file is SAS system data file: amaall.sd2
I currently use SAS 8.01 version. There was no problem with this file when
I used older version.

How can I fix this problem?

Thanks,

Duck-Hye Yang

2. ICS W2K - ADSL - Please Help!

3. Info-Zip - Looking for 16-bit MSVC Makefiles for Zip and Unzip DLL

4. Need additional secondary

5. Open an XLS file causes invalid file format error

6. Is the KnowledgeBase downloadable?

7. Lowercase file names on zip file

8. AppSettings vs. GetConfig vs. GetAppConfig: which one to use?

9. Error 16 in pdf file?

10. sudden Invalid object name error

11. Invalid Zip Files

12. Invalid path/file name GPF acrobat