Pkzip 2.50 problem : Sfx with directories ?

Pkzip 2.50 problem : Sfx with directories ?

Post by Informatique AssociĆ© » Tue, 08 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Hello,

I encounter a curious problem using the last command line version
of pkzip.

I want to make a self-extractible which creates directories and then files
in them.

When I do "pkzip25.exe -add -max -rec -dir zipfile *.*" and after this,
"pkzip25.exe -extract -dir zipfile *.*", all is ok : the zip file
contains the directories and the unzip operation re-create the directory
structure with files in them.

But when I want to make a sfx with this file ("pkzip25.exe -sfx zipfile"),
I create an .exe which doesn't re-create the directory structure at launch.
I only find the files, all under the root, but not the directories.

Is there a special way to make it works ? (I tried, for example,
"pkzip25.exe
-sfx -dir zipfile" without success and, moreover, the documentation says
little
on the subject).
Maybe it is not possible with pkzip 2.50 ? (the old ARJ didn't had this
problem !)

Many thanks in advance for your help.
Informatique Associs

Pkzip 2.50 problem : Sfx with directories ?

Post by Screame » Sat, 09 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>But when I want to make a sfx with this file ("pkzip25.exe -sfx zipfile"),
>I create an .exe which doesn't re-create the directory structure at launch.
>I only find the files, all under the root, but not the directories.

This is not only true for the latest PKZIP but has always been the case.
In earlier versions, you had to supply a "-d" to your SFX, as in
"mysfx.exe -d"
to get the structure. They probably stick to this confusing behaviour.

REALITY.SYS not found.
Universe halted.

but REMOVE the hyphens. Sorry.