MPEG video _AND_ audio encoder?

Post by Jan Willem Hartm » Sat, 17 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Hello all,

just one single simple question: is there such a (free!) software
thing available that let me encode MPEG video AND audio into one
mpg-file? I know there are encoders for mpg-video, and there are
encoders for mpg-audio, but the two together?
Just for background music on an animation will do, does not
necessarily have to synchronize lip movements and voices...

JanWillem

MPEG video _AND_ audio encoder?

Post by Jim Harki » Sat, 17 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Quote:

>Hello all,

>just one single simple question: is there such a (free!) software
>thing available that let me encode MPEG video AND audio into one
>mpg-file?

mplex-1.0a_beta will mux a video and audio stream into a system layer
stream.  It's menu driven, I've modified it to be command line driven.
I've also been trying to contact the author via email but have never
gotten either a reply or a bounce, does anyone know how to reach

jim

--
"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather.  Not screaming
in terror like his passengers."

San Diego, CA.

MPEG video _AND_ audio encoder?

Post by Ronald Boettch » Sun, 18 Jun 1995 04:00:00

What about a free software based MPEG DEcoder which
could play MPEG audio too?
Hmm, for MS-Windows of course ...

Ronald.

MPEG video _AND_ audio encoder?

Post by Amancio Hasty, Jr » Mon, 19 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Try mpeg_system_encode from Boston University here is the
first part of the announcement. Sorry I forgot their ftp
site but with archie or with a search page in netscape
you should be able to locate the ftp site.

*  MPEG-I MULTI-STREAM SYSTEM-LAYER ENCODER                *
Developed by

Multimedia Communications Lab
Boston University

Amancio Hasty
Hasty Software Consulting Services
Tel: 415-495-3046, Fax 415-495-3046, Cellular: 415-309-8931