dictionary text compression

Post by Jochen Jaeg » Fri, 03 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

does anybody know where to find infos about text compression of
dictionaries?
Also interesting would be how compression of spell checkers as for
example in word or other text editing programs works.
And if anybody can tell me where I can find really big dictionaries
of english or german language this would be really great.

greetings,
 Jochen

dictionary text compression

Post by Philip Taylo » Tue, 07 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>And if anybody can tell me where I can find really big dictionaries
>of english or german language this would be really great.

I've got a file containing 26880 English words and names (and no, I
didn't count them all one at a time)  That big enough? :)
 Go to ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/security/coast/dict/ and look around -
you should find what you're looking for.
--
Philip Taylor

ICQ: #865331

Post by Robert Koekoe » Wed, 08 Apr 1998 04:00:00

> Hi,

> does anybody know where to find infos about text compression of
> dictionaries?
> Also interesting would be how compression of spell checkers as for
> example in word or other text editing programs works.
> And if anybody can tell me where I can find really big dictionaries
> of english or german language this would be really great.

> greetings,
>  Jochen

Hi Jochen,
I have developed similar compressors before, combining strong
compression (over 8:1) with random access. These custom compressors were
made with the SDR development environment, which will be commercially
available in the very near future. Please let me know if you are
interested.

Robert Koekoek

http://www.algoresearch.com