Beginner help

Post by Sharad Gane » Thu, 30 Jan 2003 15:45:21

hi,

I'm a beginner to MPEG compression standards. I actually want to
implement copying from DVD - VCD etc. I have come to understand that
http://www.copydvdpro.com does something similar. They use DivX and
MPEG compresion. Can anyone tell me how do I go about implementing
MPEG-4 compression / decompression to copy DVD - CD ? Basically, the
VOB files in the DVD would have to be compressed. Am I right ? How
should the compression  be carried out ? The user would in the end be
able to copy from a DVD to a CD and be able to play a video file. Pls.
link me to some sources, from where I can get started. Are there any
standard algorithms for MPEG-4 implementation ?

Thanks and any help will be appreciated.

Sharad Ganesh

1. Nikon Super Coolscan 4000 ED - Beginners help.

Good day to you all.

I have just purchased the Nikon SUper Coolscan 4000 ED and have spent
a couple of days trying to scan my negatives.

However, the results I get are quite poor so I must be missing
something.

Is there any resource where I can learn how to scan correctly? How did
you guys (and girls) go about it?

Helena

2. smalltalk

3. Beginners help required - connecting external SCSI to AHA-2940 with internal drives

4. FS:Atari 130XE,800XL,XE,1040,810,ETC.

5. Beginner Help - BS2

6. Brand new Acorn PD game

7. Visual Basic in Excel 97 - Beginners Help Please.

8. Free quality fonts with MS Reader

9. Beginner Help - BS2

10. Beginner help!

11. Beginner Help?