RAR file numbering error?

Post by This Old Ma » Sat, 11 Jan 2003 00:06:03

I received 57 files that are numbered in the filename and not the suffix.
How can I extract this?

Example:

cd-bin-Part01.rar
cd-bin-Part02.rar
cd-bin-Part03.rar
etc.

I can't understand how or why someone would do it this way.

Thanks,

*TOM

RAR file numbering error?

Post by Mathew Hendr » Sat, 11 Jan 2003 00:10:22

: I received 57 files that are numbered in the filename and not the suffix.
: How can I extract this?
:
: Example:
:
: cd-bin-Part01.rar
: cd-bin-Part02.rar
: cd-bin-Part03.rar
: etc.
:
: I can't understand how or why someone would do it this way.

Recent versions of rar (3.0 and later) use this naming scheme by default.
You may need to update to 3.x to be able to extract such archives.

-- Mat.

RAR file numbering error?

Post by This Old Ma » Sat, 11 Jan 2003 02:09:41

> : I received 57 files that are numbered in the filename and not the
suffix.
> : How can I extract this?
> :
> : Example:
> :
> : cd-bin-Part01.rar
> : cd-bin-Part02.rar
> : cd-bin-Part03.rar
> : etc.
> :
> : I can't understand how or why someone would do it this way.

> Recent versions of rar (3.0 and later) use this naming scheme by default.
> You may need to update to 3.x to be able to extract such archives.

That was the solution.

Thanks!

*TOM

RAR file numbering error?

Post by Tom St Deni » Sat, 11 Jan 2003 01:13:00

Quote:> I received 57 files that are numbered in the filename and not the suffix.
> How can I extract this?

> Example:

> cd-bin-Part01.rar
> cd-bin-Part02.rar
> cd-bin-Part03.rar
> etc.

> I can't understand how or why someone would do it this way.

Why not ask your warez possy yo.

If you're going to pirate software why not at least *not* ask for help in
unpacking it in a public forum?

Tom

1. Q:RAR how do i decompress a rar file?

I dont see any "UNRAR" botton on my winrar once ive got the saved
file displayed. Also how do i save it properly, i just highlighted it
and saved it as text, is this wrong? Sorry for the stupid question,
any RAR tutorial websites anyone could direct me to would be helpful.
Thanks
Jerry

2. Q(x2): regarding $m class, regarding makemap/hash

3. Using PAR files to repair a RAR file

4. How do I put a menu in the finder's menu?

5. RAR... recovering partial files from broken multi file archive

6. Filter in View

7. "Number of shapes does not match number of table records" error box

8. ID package

9. numbering errors: generating a book file

10. mot de passe *.rar perdu - password archive *.rar forgotten

11. RAR format description - rar.txt (1/1)

12. RAR beta 3, RAR for Unix