MPEG-2 Single Chip Audio/Video Encoder Question

MPEG-2 Single Chip Audio/Video Encoder Question

Post by Jeff and Bev Nei » Thu, 10 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I am looking for a single chip MPEG-2 Audio/Video encoder.  I have found a
number of vendors who offer video encoders and only a few that offer both
audio and video.  For my particular application, the following specs would
be most desirable :

Single chip audio/video encoder with:

2.  Support for 16 bit YCbCr progressive input format (opposed to interlace
CCIR 656) at input size 720x480
3.  Support for MPEG-2 Layer I,II or Dolby digital Audio encoding
4.  PCI interface with DMA controller internal to chip
5.  Generates MPEG-2 compliant transport stream containing audio/video
6.  Compressed bit rates > 15Mb/s
7.  Full I,P,B frames
8.  User data insertion into bit stream

Probably #2 is the spec I am having the hardest time finding.  If worse came
to worse I guess I could fake interlaced 656 input but would rather not...
If anyone knows of any encoders out there, please let me know.  Any popular
vendors anyone can think of would also be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

MPEG-2 Single Chip Audio/Video Encoder Question

Jeff,

Perhaps look at www.zoran.com
I am not aware if they have this, but please let me know
your results.

Dror