Best LZ77 data structures

Post by Charles Blo » Wed, 22 Mar 1995 15:07:13

Hi!

I am well versed in the data structures used in LZW-style compressors
(hashed-linked lists, patricia trees, etc.) but how does one implement
the data structure for an LZ77-style compressor?  Obviously, you cannot
just do standard searches on the raw text window, that is much too slow.

It seems to me that the problem of sliding the window and maintaining a
fast data structure is a rather difficult one...

Thanks for any help/suggestions!

Charles

1. Best way to save nested data structure.

I'm learning as best I can using every book orielly makes.  I am trying
to saved a complex data structure (hash). I'm trying to use Berkly
DBFile and tie. I am unable to store the file ie retrieve info once I
have exited the program.  Once I tie a hash toe the  file access the
contents should be the same as accessing the contents of the hash

Rowan Reid
Job Captain,
Systems Administrator
STUDIO 3 ARCHITECTS
909  982  1717

2. updating a jpeg to my site

3. Is there some way of storing conflicting data structures in a single structure/array/???

4. Online banking

5. Irregular data access/data structures/... in parallelizing compiler design

6. WIN ME Web Folders

7. LZ77 class data compression patent.

8. xf.el - create mouse font menu on-line

9. Best way of storing memory data data to dbf?

10. Which is the best Structured Wiring Package

11. Best way to store "Directory and File structure" on disk

12. Best Organizational Structure for Web Companies?