MPEG-1 audio decoder chips

Post by Bj?rn Dufwenber » Wed, 26 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I was wondering whether someone had any info on simple, cheap mpeg1
audio decoder chips out there, and in that case, where to get them...

/Bj?rn

MPEG-1 audio decoder chips

Post by Franc » Thu, 27 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Try Philips SAA2502. It decodes layers I and II. For layer III you need more
than a cheap chip.

You can find a data sheet at
http://www-eu.semiconductors.philips.com/cgi-bin/newsearch/pip?typenr...
2&search=saa2502

Franc

>I was wondering whether someone had any info on simple, cheap mpeg1
>audio decoder chips out there, and in that case, where to get them...

>/Bj?rn

MPEG-1 audio decoder chips

Post by Thomas Spor » Thu, 27 Aug 1998 04:00:00

See http://www.intermetall.de/products/mas.html#MAS3507D
for a cheap MPEG 1/2 Layer 2/3 Decoder.

Thomas

>I was wondering whether someone had any info on simple, cheap mpeg1
>audio decoder chips out there, and in that case, where to get them...

>/Bj?rn

---
Thomas Sporer                    phone  +49 9131 85-7187
Lehrstuhl Technische Elektronik  fax    +49 9131 302951

D-91058 Erlangen              http://www.lte.e-technik.uni-erlangen.de/~spo/
****** It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice ! ******

MPEG-1 audio decoder chips

Post by Bjorn Wese » Fri, 28 Aug 1998 04:00:00

>See http://www.intermetall.de/products/mas.html#MAS3507D
>for a cheap MPEG 1/2 Layer 2/3 Decoder.

That chip is _expensive_, they quoted me $35 or something for it (and had
the stomach to actually charge money ($75) for samples). But it might be
cheaper now, anybody know ?

/Bjorn

MPEG-1 audio decoder chips

Post by Kyler Lai » Fri, 28 Aug 1998 04:00:00

>See http://www.intermetall.de/products/mas.html#MAS3507D
>for a cheap MPEG 1/2 Layer 2/3 Decoder.

O.k., but how do you *obtain* one of these chips?

(I gave up after several attempts over the span
of a few months.  I still want some.)

--kyler

1. Any MPEG Layer 3 audio decoder chips available?

I've been trying to find Layer 3 audio decoder
chips for a long time.  From the responses I've
received, it appears that in order to be able
to purchase/use any of these chips a licensing
agreement is necessary.  IOW, I can't just run
down to a chip retailer, purchase a chip, plop
it into a socket and have something useful.

Is this accurate?  Is there an easy way around
it?

Thank you.

--kyler

2. ntp for Windows and/or Dos?

3. MPEG-1 decoder chips

4. Problems with 5.51 and Optimize

5. MPEG-1 audio analyzer/decoder (DOS freeware)

6. SunPascal tape wanted

7. Can MPEG-1 decoder decode MPEG-2 bitstream ?

8. trap 000e under os2 2.11

9. MPEG DECODER CHIPS - Thompson vs. CCube vs. LSI vs. Zoran?

10. Audio MPEG ENCODER/DECODER PROGRAM

11. realtime mpeg audio decoder?

12. Looking for hdwr MPEG audio decoder