help - - jpeg viewing problem - - is there a win98 system component that decompresses jpegs for viewing

help - - jpeg viewing problem - - is there a win98 system component that decompresses jpegs for viewing

Post by Captai » Fri, 01 Sep 2000 15:05:35

Sorry if this sounds stupid, but I have Windows 98 second edition, and for
some reason I lost the ability to view jpeg files.  I can view other formats
(.gif, bmp, ect.) but not jpeg.  I have used a few different viewer programs
with no sucsess.  My question would be is there a certain file in Windows 98
that handles jpeg decompression, a shared file that other viewer programs
use to view jpegs?  Thanks for any help.

Post by Mathew Hendr » Fri, 01 Sep 2000 04:00:00

>Sorry if this sounds stupid, but I have Windows 98 second edition, and for
>some reason I lost the ability to view jpeg files.  I can view other formats
>(.gif, bmp, ect.) but not jpeg.  I have used a few different viewer programs
>with no sucsess.  My question would be is there a certain file in Windows 98
>that handles jpeg decompression, a shared file that other viewer programs
>use to view jpegs?  Thanks for any help.

No. Most viewers have their own decompression code. You've probably only lost
your file associations.

-- Mat.