Is this group only for hobbyists?

Post by jun.. » Sun, 27 May 2001 12:48:49

I'm looking for a group that is involved in discussing the use of PLCs
in robotics please.

Is this group only for hobbyists?

Post by jun.. » Sun, 27 May 2001 13:01:17

I live in the Las Vegas valley, could anyone tell me about clubs,
organizations, stores, etc., that are into robotics?

Is this group only for hobbyists?

Post by Joseph Hanse » Wed, 30 May 2001 05:18:19

You will find a lot of hobbyists here, but there are also a bunch of
professionals.  This is about the only robotics newsgroup existing that
gets more than occasional traffic...

> I'm looking for a group that is involved in discussing the use of PLCs
> in robotics please.

Is this group only for hobbyists?

Post by Mike » Fri, 01 Jun 2001 02:22:40

I live out here too.
Nothin'...
wanna start a club?
-mike

Quote:> I live in the Las Vegas valley, could anyone tell me about clubs,

Post by Jason Clar » Fri, 01 Jun 2001 06:32:09

> You will find a lot of hobbyists here, but there are also a bunch of
> professionals.  This is about the only robotics newsgroup existing that
> gets more than occasional traffic...

> > I'm looking for a group that is involved in discussing the use of PLCs
> > in robotics please.

Hi,
I don't use many PLC's but am a motion control engineer for a UK based
company.  We design and build Panels, Pick and Place systems, all the way to
special purpose machines.
We mainly use Parker/Computmotor/Hauser/Digiplan but Yaskawa, Warner,
AllenBradley/Rockwell and others get a look in depending on the application.

I am also leaching lots of bits from stores for my 1st bot ; )

Jason