start up controller

Post by Alexander Mudr » Fri, 01 Jun 2001 00:17:50

i'm new in building robots (only programming; LEGO Mindstorms) and now
i wanna build my own basic circuit. how to do??
where can i get information about the motorola controllers?
or is anotherone better??
and how do i solve the problem of all the small pins have to be
connected??

without your help there'll be only a walking mindstorms-robot! so
please, help me!!

thanx a lot,
Alexander

start up controller

Post by chad » Fri, 01 Jun 2001 02:23:52

well best to start out with would be a basic stamp or a basicx you get the
programmer when u buy the chip you can find sample codes ect. then you can
hook it up to servo's and start building. just seaech yahoo.com goodluck

Quote:> i'm new in building robots (only programming; LEGO Mindstorms) and now
> i wanna build my own basic circuit. how to do??
> where can i get information about the motorola controllers?
> or is anotherone better??
> and how do i solve the problem of all the small pins have to be
> connected??

> without your help there'll be only a walking mindstorms-robot! so
> please, help me!!

> thanx a lot,
> Alexander

start up controller

Post by Mike Rosin » Fri, 01 Jun 2001 02:59:59

> i'm new in building robots (only programming; LEGO Mindstorms) and now
> i wanna build my own basic circuit. how to do??
> where can i get information about the motorola controllers?
> or is anotherone better??
> and how do i solve the problem of all the small pins have to be
> connected??

Don't try to solder surface mount parts by hand until you have lots of
soldering experience.  You might want to start with wire wrap parts
and sockets.  they are easy to fix, although harder to wire up the first
time.  What I do is get pins and "vector boards" which have holes punched
in them every .1", then push the pins into the board and solder parts to
the pins.  Then I can wire wrap the parts to chips.

You can get evaluation boards with just about any microcontroller you want,
or you can get development kits which include flash reprogrammable micros.
You can reprogram the microcontroller and keep trying it in your board
until things work.  It takes a long time :-)  Nothing works right the
first 20 tries or so, and figuring it out is the fun part.

What I like about wire wrap is that it's really easy to change the circuit
when you find you made a design error.  You can add parts, move wires
around and check things again really quickly.  You still need a soldering
iron, but you won't be burning up small parts :-)

Good luck and have lots of fun!

Patience, persistence, truth,
Dr. mike

start up controller

Post by Don McKenzi » Fri, 01 Jun 2001 07:27:19

> i'm new in building robots (only programming; LEGO Mindstorms) and now
> i wanna build my own basic circuit. how to do??
> where can i get information about the motorola controllers?
> or is anotherone better??
> and how do i solve the problem of all the small pins have to be
> connected??

> without your help there'll be only a walking mindstorms-robot! so
> please, help me!!

> thanx a lot,
> Alexander

have a look at:
http://www.dontronics.com/dt006.html
this may be what you need

--

The World's Largest Range of Atmel/AVR  & PICmicro Hardware and Software
Free Basic Compiler and Programmer http://www.dontronics.com/runavr.html

start up controller

Post by Steven Phelp » Fri, 01 Jun 2001 23:47:39

If you are interested or would like to use the Atmel processor, you can get
lots of speed and I/O from an Atmel 8515.  I'd recommend getting a mini bot
mainboard.  It comes with  an IR proximity detector, Atmel programmer 8515
(up to 8K built-in memory), H-Bridge motor controller built on a single
board.

http://209.122.157.101/rdk2000//searchName.asp?MMR103

http://www.rdk2001.com/

Take Care
Steve

Quote:> i'm new in building robots (only programming; LEGO Mindstorms) and now
> i wanna build my own basic circuit. how to do??
> where can i get information about the motorola controllers?
> or is anotherone better??
> and how do i solve the problem of all the small pins have to be
> connected??

> without your help there'll be only a walking mindstorms-robot! so
> please, help me!!

> thanx a lot,
> Alexander

start up controller

Post by Son Of M » Sat, 02 Jun 2001 01:56:39

Id have to say that if your new to programming and electronics, unfortunately
the Basic Stamp, www.parallax.com is the easiest to use, but probably way over
priced.  Its your best bet for a smooth start and to gain understanding.  After
that move onto motorola or PIC chips.

Rob Rivera
Simple Systems

1. Long start ups

Both Messenger and Outlook Express now take between 30
secs to 5 minutes to load up, when they used to load up
within a matter of a few seconds. I have reinstalled
Windows XP a few times already (for hardware upgrades)
but the problem still persists, so the problem can't be
on my machine, can it?

2. Frames not getting deleted

3. pop-ups when starting up explorer or outlook

4. What about this Ehman 19" monitor?

5. HELP! UPS Part for NCR/Exide UPS!

6. compile errors (0/1)

7. POP-UPS, LOSE OF CONNECTION, LOCK-UPS, MESSENGER

8. MDL:Problems with deleting elements

9. Reconnect controller 1 and press Start

10. Fixed problem with controller not being found at start up

11. Help..x-box not seeing controller at start-up

12. Reconnect controller 1 and press Start