Read analog values with BSII?

Post by Jon Roar Odde » Tue, 06 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Is it possible to read analog values with a Basic Stamp II? without D/A
converters?
Thanks for any help on this.

Jon Roar Odden

Read analog values with BSII?

Post by Dean Durbi » Wed, 07 Jun 2000 04:00:00

You can find the resistance of an unknown resistor using RCTIME routine. If
you replace that resistor with a transistor, it should do the trick (just
feed the analog signal trough the base). I never tried it but I think it
should work (slowly).

>Is it possible to read analog values with a Basic Stamp II? without D/A
>converters?
>Thanks for any help on this.

>Jon Roar Odden

Read analog values with BSII?

Post by Peter H Anderso » Wed, 07 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I don't know of any easy way to do this.

However, there is a much improved BX24 which is pin compatible with the BS2
and includes eight 10-bit A/D, 32K of program space, 400 bytes of RAM,
floating point, etc.

There are sample routines at http://www.phanderson.com/basicx/

>Is it possible to read analog values with a Basic Stamp II? without D/A
>converters?
>Thanks for any help on this.

>Jon Roar Odden

Read analog values with BSII?

Post by Shmic » Wed, 07 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Having just recieved my first Basic Stamp I am a complete newbie on the
subject but flipping through the manual I came across, "PULSIN". Part of
the manual states, "Many analog properties(voltage, resistance,
capacitance, frequency, duty cycle) can be measured in terms of pulse
durations. This makes PULSIN a valuable form of analog-to-digital
conversion."

Check it out and see if it doesn't suit your needs.

1. Sale Microsoft Sidewinder precision pro or Trade for analog joystick of equal value.

Have a one mouth old joystick Microsoft Sidwinder precision pro.
Will sale for 45.00 dollars . Also have UBS adaptor, SW software,
all documentation. Or will trade for joystick of equal value but must be
analog and not Digtal . Add 5.00 dollars for shipping ,Will ship USPS
priority mail .
                                                            Reply to

                                                                Frank
J.Harlow

2. How to Convert an ocx to a dll ?

3. Homebase analog read scales to 00

4. Patches for games?

5. reading analog voltage with Atmel AVR

6. Seattle GDC Road Trip - Tuesday sessions

7. Reading many analog sigs into a STAMP

8. License manager

9. BSII or oopic for first simple robot

10. BSII project

11. BSII controlled RC-Servo HOWTO?