Robot City Technology 'Alfred' robot

Post by @qub.ac.u » Wed, 20 May 1998 04:00:00

Does any one know anything about said robot. It is a small servo driven
arm with onboard processor released in the 1980s. It has an RS432
inteface (whatever that is)but I do not know anyhthing about this
standard (the information I have talks about connecting it to a BBC B
computer.

David Branagh

Robot City Technology 'Alfred' robot

Post by Rich Walke » Wed, 20 May 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> Does any one know anything about said robot. It is a small servo driven
> arm with onboard processor released in the 1980s. It has an RS432
> inteface (whatever that is)but I do not know anyhthing about this
> standard (the information I have talks about connecting it to a BBC B
> computer.

Hmm. We had some interesting interaction with the designer of this a while
ago, ISTR.

RS432 is a variant of RS232 with fewer pins (about 9). A crossover cable for
232<>432 can be wired up; you might ask in comp.sys.acorn.hardware for the
details.

HTH

cheers,Rich.

--

http://www.shadow.org.uk        251 Liverpool Road
+44(0)171 700 2487                London  N1 1PX

1. Symposium 'A Robot's Perspective'

----------------------------------

USCKI Incognito Symposium 1999

Titel: A Robot's Perspective
Lokation: Academiegebouw, Domplein 29, Utrecht, Holland
Date: Wednesday, april 7 1999
Time: 10:00 - 16:00
Entrance: Free
http://www.phil.uu.nl/incognito/symposium

--

http://www.casema.net/~santje
icq 25721024

2. T2 PPC Load Size Increase

3. Robots Puts Students 'First'

4. PS printer recomendations

5. 'Thinking' robot in escape bid

6. gateway to mailing list ??

7. Who did 'Fractal Robots'

8. The 'What is a robot' question

9. Robot 'follow' command ???

10. WTB/WTT: Personal Robot's from the 80's

11. Learning 'amateur' robot

12. NASA Robot 'Brain Surgeon' to Visit New York Convention