Stepper chatter?

Post by Krom » Thu, 07 Feb 2002 07:06:16

Hello form a newbie,
I have a chattering stepper in my scanner which runs fine if given a push to
start.  Does this sound like a faulty motor or a faulty controller circuit.
Are steppers produced in generic sizes EG: 35mm dia/ 48 step/ 12v ?
TIA
krom

Stepper chatter?

Post by mykrowyr » Thu, 07 Feb 2002 10:08:16

Usually from running it too fast without a flywheel...but could be from
driver not providing full power.

-tom

Quote:> Hello form a newbie,
> I have a chattering stepper in my scanner which runs fine if given a push
> start.  Does this sound like a faulty motor or a faulty controller
circuit.
> Are steppers produced in generic sizes EG: 35mm dia/ 48 step/ 12v ?
> TIA
> krom

1. Stepper Gear removal and stepper identification

A two part question for those who may be able to help.

1.  Any tips on the best way to remove gears from small (size 16-23)
stepper motors.  They appear to be brass & pressed onto the shaft but
heating them up slightly did not help.

2.  Can anyone help me ID a stepper motor.  It is an astrosyn stepper
taken from a Epson printer.  The model is 17PM K 303 PIL.  It has five
wires which has me confused.  The resistance between a set of four wires
is approx 3.1 ohms.  Each wire measures 5.1 ohms to one common wire (red
stripe in ribbon cable wire). Hmmm.  Based on this it is not a 5 phase
motor from what I read so I wonder what it is.

Thank you for your help.

2. How do I use the serial port in OS X?

3. Questions on steppers, stepper drivers and ports

4. Alpha-based workstation as NT4 SBS client

5. Stepper motor madness!!!!!Cheap steppers!

6. Interesting article from the AP this morning

7. 8 wire stepper motor to bipolar stepper

8. g code motion control with Labview?

9. BG Micro stepper controller and floppy drive steppers...

10. Image 'chatter' on Nikon 4000ED

11. HP6200 chattering

12. Umax S-12 Vibration, chatter

13. Chattering Module