charging NiMH cells

Post by Mark Lerm » Fri, 29 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Hi all,

I just ordered some small 3.6volt 60 mah NiMH batteries (3 cells). Do I
charge them the same way as nicads (constant current) or as gel cells
(constant voltage). If so, how much current or at what voltage. They
are Varta # 3/V60H, BTW. Unfortunately Varta's web site is not as
friendly as it used to be for this sort of data.

Mark Lerman

charging NiMH cells

Post by Chop » Fri, 29 Aug 1997 04:00:00

While we're on the topic, is there a really EASY way to charge Li-ion cells,
if I'm willing to take a long time?  I'm hoping a lot of the "complexity"
shows up only when trying to charge them in the shortest time possible.

Yes, I only need to charge one cell at a time.

(interesting things now showing up in the battery-recylcling bins!)

BillW
--
(remove spam food from return address)

1. Charging NiMH cell from solar cell?

Hello,

I'd like to equip one of my creations which slumbers most of the time
with a tiny NiMH cell that is charged (during inactivity) using a
small solar cell. I could probably use a huge capacitor but the
concept of a battery is more familiar to me.
Is it possible to charge a NiMH cell using, say, a solar engine
(charge a capacitor from the solar cell and then burst the charge into
the NiMH cell)?
I would rather have used a Li-Ion cell but they are, as far as I've
understood, quite tricky to charge.
Any comments or ideas?

Thanks, in advance,
Tomas Hubner

2. MS Word XP and Pocket Word

3. Help: NiMH battery refuses to charge

4. C++ on IBM OS/390 Mainframes

5. thought you wanna know: New 8000 mAh NiMH D-Cells batteries

6. ssget special criteria

7. Charging Gel Cells

8. Pager alerts for system events

9. Charging gell cells?

10. Maintenance charging wet-cell battery

11. Question: Cell formula or macro to write result of one cell to another cell

12. Macro needed: write cell reference to end of cell, for all cells

13. Charging a 9V NiMH battery with a 1.5V solar panel... :-)