IR project

Post by Dean Hans » Sat, 13 Oct 2001 01:35:36

I have a small device I'd like to add on/off functionality via a IR
remote. The only requirement is on/off. The circuit in question only
needs to turn a motor on, then back off. Does anyone know of a project
on the web that includes a parts list and instructions? I'd like to
retro fit this project to work in my existing device. I'm not
concerned with inteference from other IR devices as this bot is used
outdoors, WAY outdoors.

Dean

IR project

Post by Louis Boy » Sat, 13 Oct 2001 03:11:16

> I have a small device I'd like to add on/off functionality via a IR
> remote. The only requirement is on/off. The circuit in question only
> needs to turn a motor on, then back off. Does anyone know of a project
> on the web that includes a parts list and instructions? I'd like to
> retro fit this project to work in my existing device. I'm not
> concerned with inteference from other IR devices as this bot is used
> outdoors, WAY outdoors.

> Dean

You'd probably be better off with a radio.  You have to be concerned
with interference from one high power IR device outdoors. The sun plays
havoc trying to get much range (over a few yards) using something like
found in a tv remote unless both ends are focused.  Simple on/off radios
with a range of a hundred feet or more are pretty cheap. (430 mhz
band).
--
Lou Boyd

IR project

Post by Aaron MacDonal » Sat, 13 Oct 2001 05:09:10

I would also be interested in radio remotes, do you know of any projects or
websites to buy them? Kits? Anything?

> > I have a small device I'd like to add on/off functionality via a IR
> > remote. The only requirement is on/off. The circuit in question only
> > needs to turn a motor on, then back off. Does anyone know of a project
> > on the web that includes a parts list and instructions? I'd like to
> > retro fit this project to work in my existing device. I'm not
> > concerned with inteference from other IR devices as this bot is used
> > outdoors, WAY outdoors.

> > Dean

> You'd probably be better off with a radio.  You have to be concerned
> with interference from one high power IR device outdoors. The sun plays
> havoc trying to get much range (over a few yards) using something like
> found in a tv remote unless both ends are focused.  Simple on/off radios
> with a range of a hundred feet or more are pretty cheap. (430 mhz
> band).
> --
> Lou Boyd

IR project

Post by Dean Hans » Sat, 13 Oct 2001 21:40:22

> I would also be interested in radio remotes, do you know of any projects or
> websites to buy them? Kits? Anything?

> > > I have a small device I'd like to add on/off functionality via a IR
> > > remote. The only requirement is on/off. The circuit in question only
> > > needs to turn a motor on, then back off. Does anyone know of a project
> > > on the web that includes a parts list and instructions? I'd like to
> > > retro fit this project to work in my existing device. I'm not
> > > concerned with inteference from other IR devices as this bot is used
> > > outdoors, WAY outdoors.

> > > Dean

> > You'd probably be better off with a radio.  You have to be concerned
> > with interference from one high power IR device outdoors. The sun plays
> > havoc trying to get much range (over a few yards) using something like
> > found in a tv remote unless both ends are focused.  Simple on/off radios
> > with a range of a hundred feet or more are pretty cheap. (430 mhz
> > band).
> > --
> > Lou Boyd

Do you know where I can find the equivalent project kit/instructions
for such a device?

Dean

IR project

Post by Peterthink » Tue, 16 Oct 2001 03:14:48

get a wireless doorbell...around 10 dollars at home depot
cheap.

Peter

Quote:> I have a small device I'd like to add on/off functionality via a IR
> remote. The only requirement is on/off. The circuit in question only
> needs to turn a motor on, then back off. Does anyone know of a project
> on the web that includes a parts list and instructions? I'd like to
> retro fit this project to work in my existing device. I'm not
> concerned with inteference from other IR devices as this bot is used
> outdoors, WAY outdoors.

> Dean

IR project

Post by Stev » Tue, 16 Oct 2001 16:42:21

I've an IR kit if you are interested.  It can receive and transmit IR.  It's
purpose is used to detect objects.  As the frequency changes so does the
distance as well as the type of material you are reflecting off of.

You could disable the transmitter part and then use a common TV/VCR(or
anything other IR device) IR transmitter to detect the signals.  Send those
signals to a microcontroller for further processing.

Don't know if that helps.

> > I would also be interested in radio remotes, do you know of any projects
or
> > websites to buy them? Kits? Anything?

> > > You'd probably be better off with a radio.  You have to be concerned
> > > with interference from one high power IR device outdoors. The sun
plays
> > > havoc trying to get much range (over a few yards) using something like
> > > found in a tv remote unless both ends are focused.  Simple on/off
radios
> > > with a range of a hundred feet or more are pretty cheap. (430 mhz
> > > band).
> > > --
> > > Lou Boyd

> Do you know where I can find the equivalent project kit/instructions
> for such a device?

> Dean

1. ??? Touchscreen IR project!!

I am planning on building a touchscreen IR controller for my home
theater system.  I will be using a 15" TFT flatpanel monitor with a
https://www.ezscreen.com/ overlay with a USB controller. The PC will
be a Athlon 800. I want to program the interface in HTML for ease and
versatility. I have the electronic knowledge and some programming
skills to attempt the project. I think I will need an active-x control
to link the HTML to the IR input-output, Anyone know of any good sites
that would help in this area of interest? I am anxious to get this
project going!

Thanks!

2. onmouseover images

3. IR project CIR

4. HighC installation for OS/2 v4 (merlin)

5. homebrew project: computer IR controller

6. Unloading ASP.NET AppDomains with WMI

7. Doing a project using IR automation

8. Mail won't open

9. New IR Distance & Angle project

10. How to upload projects with attachments from Project 2000 to Project Central

11. UX17A RF TO IR CONVERTER (IR Commander) software

12. X-10 to IR *without* IR Xpander