1-2-3R5W QUERY CRITERIA FOR DBASE DATE FIELD

1-2-3R5W QUERY CRITERIA FOR DBASE DATE FIELD

Post by Keith Jackso » Fri, 13 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Does any one know a way to set a query table criterion for a .dbf date
field by using a formula referring to a single-cell named range in the
worksheet?  I want to change the criteria for several query tables
automatically by changing one cell, then refreshing each query table.

I can make this work with text and numeric fields, but all attempts with
dates have choked on "incompatible data types".
--
KEITH A. JACKSON, Certified General Accountant
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada

Preferred area of practice:  Income Tax Objections & Appeals

1. SAS/SQL date field query

When querying an Oracle database through SAS/SQL, what code would I write to
get a dataset that includes only those observations that occur later than a
particular date?

For example, let's say there's a table in our Oracle data warehouse called
'testdata' and it has a datetime field called 'finish_time'. If I want only
those observations that have a 'finish_time' later than Jan 1, 2003, what
would the WHERE statement look like? I don't see any way to do this by using
the Query tool & have attempted a few where statements with little success
using proc sql. You'll notice that the where statement below is, well, less
than optimal ;)

Here's what I have so far:

proc sql;
connect to oracle(user='xxxxx' pass='xxxxx' path='xxxxx');
create table testdata as
Select
INDEXFIELD,
FINISH_TIME,
VAR1
from connection to oracle(select
A1."INDEXFIELD",
A1."FINISH_TIME",
A1."VAR1"
from DATA.TESTDATA
where /* help!?!?!*/
) as t1( INDEXFIELD, FINISH_TIME, VAR1)
;

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2. Cable TV connection

3. query-mode, date fields and Oracle

4. Message ID

5. query using a date field that isn't set

6. TELIX, DOS settings help req'd under 6.177

7. Fixing faulty dates - select on day part of a date field

8. Overclocking the 68000

9. Gantt Chart Import putting End Date in both Start and End Date fields

10. Quattro Pro dbase query g

11. Quattro Pro dbase query glitch

12. EditTool for dBase-DB with about 500 fields and 3000 records?

13. maximal lenght char field in DBASE