VBA in Excel--can you add a common dialog box?

VBA in Excel--can you add a common dialog box?

Post by Davi » Tue, 30 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Can you add a Common Dialog Box (VB control) to an Excel spreadsheet
(without having VB 5 loaded)?

A co-worker can get the Common Dialog Box to work on his machine, but the
spreadsheet won't work on mine.  Both are running Windows 98.  I don't have
VB 5 installed.

I tried adding  a CDB to a sheet, but "Cannot insert object" was the Excel
error.  I then tried to add a CDB
to a VB form (inside VBA for Excel) and it told me I wasn't licensed to do
so.

Arrgh.

Please help.

David Rivers

VBA in Excel--can you add a common dialog box?

Post by Rob Bruc » Tue, 30 Nov 1999 04:00:00

All ActiveX Controls that run in the Excel (and Word and Outlook and
PowerPoint etc.) environment must have design time licences. This is because
VBA is never compiled like VB and thus never gets into run time in the same
way.

Which common dialog do you want to display? Excel can display alternatives
for most of the common dialogs with a little effort.

HTH
--
Rob

www.rb-ad.dircon.co.uk/rob/excelvba/

Quote:> Can you add a Common Dialog Box (VB control) to an Excel spreadsheet
> (without having VB 5 loaded)?

> A co-worker can get the Common Dialog Box to work on his machine, but the
> spreadsheet won't work on mine.  Both are running Windows 98.  I don't
have
> VB 5 installed.

> I tried adding  a CDB to a sheet, but "Cannot insert object" was the Excel
> error.  I then tried to add a CDB
> to a VB form (inside VBA for Excel) and it told me I wasn't licensed to do
> so.

> Arrgh.

> Please help.

> David Rivers

1. Using dialog boxes in add-ins

I want to create an add-in with dialog boxes in it but when I go to save
it as a .xla file the option is not there.  This occurs when I have a
dialog sheet selected.  If I select a worksheet in the same workbook the
option to save it as a .xla file appears.

I want to be able to access my dialog boxes in an add-in from any
worksheet that I open.  Any ideas??

Raul Lopez

2. Dial up connection wont autodisconnect

3. Excel 5 - How to use Add-Ins Analysis functions in VBA

4. finding companys that use notes.

5. EXCEL 5 - VBA Add ins (removing)

6. Plotcfg MDL Abort (LONG)

7. Excel 5 Dialog Boxes and VBA

8. Help - Minimum PC requirements for PE

9. Help: Excel/VBA/Dialog Box/Date

10. Excel VBA - Need Focus on Specific Field in Dialogue Box

11. Excel 5, How to move a dialog box from in VBA

12. Excel 5 - VBA - Dialog Boxes - Gausian Fit

13. Positioning dialog boxes in Excel 5 VBA