Excel Dialog box input

Post by Barbara Gelha » Tue, 28 Sep 1993 21:49:30

In an Excel 4.0 application I am writing, I am using dialog boxes to input
data.  The dialog boxes are comprised of edit list boxes where the user can
either type in a value or select it from a list.  For example, they have to
input "Event Type" and their choices are 1, 2, or SV.  So they can either
type 1, 2, or SV into the edit box or select from the list.  If they type
in the value and then check the list, the correct value is checked on the
list as selected. The result from the edit list box is the value and the
value's list number.  I select the value from the dialog box's results
cells and copy this value to the appropriate cell on the data worksheet.

Some users bypass the dialog box and input the values directly into the
cells on the worksheet.  For some reason EXCEL does not equate a 1 (or 2
etc) entered via the dialog box with a 1 (or 2 etc.) entered directly.  The
two values look the same on the worksheet (i.e. no leading spaces or other
visible characters) but if I use a formula to see if they are equal (e.g.
=C6=C7) the answer is false.  Any clues as to what is going on?

Barbara Gelhard
IRHE
University of Pennsylvania

1. Excel ???'s about using Dialog Box input values

I am having trouble using the values input through a dialog box in macro functi
ons. Specifically I would like to input a range value that could be used by
the Chart.wizard function. I am inputting RC values but cannot get those values
to work correctly in the function. I'm sure this isn't impossible, but it has
been for me so far. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Send replies to me (jeff) at Bitnet:  JAB153 at PSUVM

Thanks for the assist.

2. FS: HARD DRIVE

3. XL5/VBA: Validating dialog input box-by-box?

4. DOS App Kills CPU

5. Defining Excel 5 Dialogue Box by Excel 4 macro.

6. Mini PC card for the PSION or 4Mb for less than $100

7. Excel 4.0 Dialog boxes in excel 5

8. announce KI-95 and DAGM '95

9. Create a custom input dialog box

10. input from a dialog box.

11. CHECK BOXES - turning off ALL check boxes in a dialog box

12. VBA in Excel--can you add a common dialog box?

13. Excel FileOpen Dialog Box