Charting Q

Post by Russell W. Patterson at T.V. » Wed, 14 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Ya'll:   I have a spreadsheet (XL 7.0) with two columns of simple x-y data
points.  Every day (its the weight.xls from a previous post) I want to add
a new data point and update my graph.  I know how to "manually" change the
range for the chart.  How can I automate the update (addition of a data
point) of the chart every time I add the coordinates for a new point?

thanks,
russ

Russell W. Patterson
System Protection & Analysis
Tennessee Valley Authority

-----------------------------------

Charting Q

Post by Johan Skug » Thu, 15 Aug 1996 04:00:00

>Ya'll:   I have a spreadsheet (XL 7.0) with two columns of simple x-y data
>points.  Every day (its the weight.xls from a previous post) I want to add
>a new data point and update my graph.  I know how to "manually" change the
>range for the chart.  How can I automate the update (addition of a data
>point) of the chart every time I add the coordinates for a new point?
>thanks,
>russ
>Russell W. Patterson
>System Protection & Analysis
>Tennessee Valley Authority

>-----------------------------------

I'm not sure how you do it manually, but if it's only one point a day,
a simple drag and drop of the x&y points over the chart seems like
a really simple solution to me. (Sort of similar to Copy & Paste...)

/Johan

--

     (o o)      | phone : (int) +46-8-7149556 (nat) 08-7149556
-oOO--(_)--OOo- | snail : Johan Skugge; Bohusg 43, 9; 116 67 Sthlm; Sweden

1. Need to create multiple bar charts for pie chart slices

I need to break out the detail of multiple slices of a pie chart into
bar charts. Here's some sample data:

Group     Indiv      Percentage
  A      (total)        40%
  A        w            23%
  A        x            17%

  B      (total)        60%
  B        y            35%
  B        z            25%

The two total rows would be the pieces of the pie, and the rest of the
rows (Aw, Ax, By, Bz) would be split off from their respective slice.

Excel allows me to do this using the 'Bar of Pie' chart (under the Pie
Chart category), but it only allows for the breakout of one slice
(group A, according to the example). Is there any way that I can break
out multiple slices (e.g., special trick in Excel, add-in, etc).

Thank you!!

2. Looking for Objects.

3. Excel Charting: line/column combo chart problems

4. Can't get a reference to a newly added MAPI store

5. chart:two sets of data on same chart

6. TOS 2.06 bug?

7. Charting Non-adjacent columns in an xy chart

8. Excel: Drawing into chart using chart coordinates

9. Chart Overlays/combo charts in Excel V5?

10. EXCEL Chart: Possible to make stair-shape line chart?

11. Please help! Excel AREA CHARTS and LINE CHARTS

12. Excel 5.0 charts - how to auto-size multiple charts