Responding to XL5 Dialog Boxes using VBA

Responding to XL5 Dialog Boxes using VBA

Post by John Surduca » Thu, 24 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

Is there a way programatically using VBA to respond to an Excel 5 dialog
box that pops up?  Hope this makes sense.  Any code would be certainly
appreciated.

Thanx,
John

Post by FRED RUDOLP » Sat, 26 Apr 1997 04:00:00

> Hi,

> Is there a way programatically using VBA to respond to an Excel 5 dialog
> box that pops up?  Hope this makes sense.  Any code would be certainly
> appreciated.

> Thanx,
> John

John, I think "Send Keys" might work for you.  Good Luck!

1. XL5/VBA: Validating dialog input box-by-box?

Is there a way to validate edit-box entries in a custom
dialog box on a box-by-box basis -- that is, when users
tab out of each box -- rather than when the users hit "OK"
to exit the dialog itself?

My dialog now launches a validation routine when users
hit "OK" to continue -- if the input's clean, it moves
along; if the input requires correction it reopens the
dialog and prompts for corrected entries.

I would much prefer to trap and notify as soon as users
hit TAB to move out of each edit box.  The validation
is tricky -- I can't use the built in validation features
for this, and I'm not sure that those trigger on TAB
either. . . .

Any pointers?

Thanks

John Streeter

2. INTERNAL 14.4K MODEMS FOR NORTHGATE ZX PORTABLES???

3. XL5 VBA Q: Multiple file selection dialog box?

4. iPaq car adapter specifications?

5. XL5/VBA: Restarting dialog causing runtime error 1004: show method fail?

6. why is it ok to mail from: <>?

7. XL5 VBA Password dialog hide?

8. Network Error: Message from server too small

9. Change Label Value in Dialog Box in XL5?

10. DIALOG BOX help needed--XL5

11. VBA in Excel--can you add a common dialog box?

12. CHECK BOXES - turning off ALL check boxes in a dialog box