starting an excel macro via dde

Post by Donald E. Dayto » Fri, 12 Jan 1996 04:00:00

Is there a method of initiating the execution of a macro in an
Excel spreadsheet from PowerBuilder?  I'd like to populate a
spreadsheet with data from a PowerBuilder datawindow via DDE,
and then have an Excel macro be executed.

1. Starting an Excel macro via DDE

I'm making a small appplication in access2 and i
want to transfer some data to an Excel Sheet from
a DB2 server. I have a macro in Excel that makes
the Query. But I can't start this macro from Access
because i'm not sure what DDEExecute command to
use. Perphaps this isn't the best way to solve the
problem so if anybody got a better solution.......
Martin Pettersson
Running Excel 5.0 and Access2 (sometimes
simultaneuosly)

2. Problems/questions about Star NX-2420

3. Renaming Excel spreadsheets via DDE in national versions of Excel(%sastoxl macro)

4. Database Connectivity via the WWW

5. HELP ! Trying to send Excel macros via DDE

6. Promises, promises

7. Macro resolution of Excel commands via DDE

8. Justify Netware

9. Running Word VB macro via DDE and System topic

10. Q: Running Word VB macro via DDE and System topic

11. Accepted tasks for Excel via DDE link

12. Excel => Access via DDE

13. Problems exporting data to Excel via DDE