Excel - Need to convert MAC format file to PC/Windows format

Excel - Need to convert MAC format file to PC/Windows format

Post by Mark Gri » Sat, 30 Sep 1995 04:00:00

My wife has some MS-Excel files that orginated on a MAC.  She is now in a
MAC deprived environment and needs to use these files on a MS-Windows
platform (MS-Excel as well).  I suspect that these files can be converted
but am unsure of how or where to look.  Can anyone help me help out.

Please forward solutions to:

Thanks

Mark

Excel - Need to convert MAC format file to PC/Windows format

Post by Ron Moehli » Sat, 30 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Just insert a DOS formatted diskette into the MAC and copy the files to the
diskette.  You should rename the files to something like test.xls first on the
MAC first (i.e. a PC type name).  Then use the diskette on the PC.

Post by Nordbe » Tue, 03 Oct 1995 04:00:00

: My wife has some MS-Excel files that orginated on a MAC.  She is now in a
: MAC deprived environment and needs to use these files on a MS-Windows
: platform (MS-Excel as well).  I suspect that these files can be converted
: but am unsure of how or where to look.  Can anyone help me help out.

If she still has access to a Mac and it is one of the newer ones that
allow you to mount a DOS diskette, then you can just save the files
from using Excel (save as a DOS Excel file). If she doesn't have access
to a Mac with Excel, she might want to look at getting a copy of
Conversions Plus from DataViz. Excellent product, reasonable price ($89.00)
it converts just about any Mac file. Can be found at CompUSA, PC Connection,
Egghead etc.

Michael S. Nordberg
University of San Francisco
MPA/HSA Student