HELP! Excel macro problem with links

Post by nsl.. » Fri, 08 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Recently, I encountered a problem while I try to write a macro to link
to another workbook. Assume I have two workbooks, one called
BOOK1.XLS, another called BOOK2.XLS. Now inside Sheet1 of BOOK2, I can
put a formula in cell A1 like "='C:\EXCEL\[BOOK1.XLS]Sheet1'!A1" to
get the value from cell A1 inside the Sheet1 of BOOK1.XLS without open
the workbook file. In the macro sheet Macro1 I can do in this way:
        = SET.NAME("Val1", DEREF('C:\EXCEL\[Book1.XLS]Sheet1'!A1)
Now, because I want to link to a variable workbook, so I use a
variable to refer to this reference, say like this:
        = SET.NAME("xRef", REFTEXT('C:\Excel\[Book1.xls]Sheet1'!A1)
        = SET.NAME("Val1", DEREF(TEXTREF(xRef)))
I always got problem with above two statement, first one will got a
system error, if I choose ingore it, then second one will got
reference error.

Anyone can help me?

1. Excel Macro problem: always asks to save macro when exiting?

Hi,

I have an Excel VB macro (personal.xls in the xlstart directory) which I run
on a spreadsheet. It prompts for the file to open and then away it goes.

When exiting Excel, I am always asked to save the macro file, even though
it is hidden and not modified.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

2. Inconsistency in RISC OS

3. Help: Converting 123 Macros to Excel 5 for Mac Macros

4. seagate 1GB ?!

5. English->Spanish Excel macro problem - HELP!

6. usable disk cache

7. Problem with excel macros Help !

8. HELP! Excel 4.0 - problem with macros

9. Link to Word 2000 and links to links in Word 2000 from Excel 2000

10. Excel 2000 can't open 97 spreadsheet with links and macros

11. Excel Macro --> Link *.foo file to cell and update *.foo Date Time