File Opening problem with 123 v.9

File Opening problem with 123 v.9

Post by Sime » Wed, 15 Mar 2000 04:00:00



Hello all.
I have installed 123 v9 onto a new PC and now have a problem opening certain
of the files I was using without a problem on the old PC.
Specifically what happens is, on trying to load a file, I get the message

too many arguments. Divide the formula into smaller parts."
Clicking OK from this then gives me an illegal operation error in
MAIN123.DLL and the program is shut down.
There does not seem to be any way of opening theses files. I have also tried
them on different machines, with no luck. What I can't understand is why
there should suddenly be a problem now, when I have used them successfully
previously.
IF anyone can help with this, I would be mot appreciatve, as otherwise I am
going to have to recreate the files from scatch :(

TIA,
Simon King

 
 
 

File Opening problem with 123 v.9

Post by Doug Macki » Fri, 24 Mar 2000 04:00:00


Hi Sime,

Try posting your question at the 123 section of the XpertSS forum.
It's free!

--
Doug Mackie
www.xpertss.com
------------------------------------------------------------
"A Great Place to Go for Lotus SmartSuite Help"
"Free Downloads of SmartSuite Utilities & Scripts!"
(Use port 9000 for your newsreader or use the Web address for your browser)
------------------------------------------------------------
"Please do not respond by email"

 
 
 

File Opening problem with 123 v.9

Post by Harlan Gro » Sun, 26 Mar 2000 04:00:00



writes:

Quote:>Try posting your question at the 123 section of the XpertSS forum.
>It's free!

And comp.apps.spreadsheets isn't free?!

How about answering questions rather than promoting XpertSS? Or can't you
answer spreadsheet-related questions?

 
 
 

File Opening problem with 123 v.9

Post by Doug Macki » Sun, 26 Mar 2000 04:00:00


Harlan,
 I don't see anything wrong with re-directing people to XpertSS, especially
when I see that their questions here have gone un-answered for several days.

After all, XpertSS now seems to be the only active forum with a section
specifically for 123 users.  I would think that any 123 user would want to
know about its existence.

The only reason I mentioned that XpertSS is free is because of the
proliferation of so-called "Expert" sites that charge for advice.  I thought
that some people might think that XpertSS was one of those and be put off
from visiting.

Yes, I missed the fact that JH Keller had already posted at XpertSS, that
was my mistake.

I didn't answer his question because, although I am a loyal 123 user, I am
not a 123 expert (I cover Word Pro and FastSite at XpertSS).  I come here to
read and to learn and, when I can, to be helpful like everyone else.

You, on the other hand, are THE expert on 123 from what I saw in the Lotus
forum.
Sorry if  I got in your way.

Doug Mackie

 
 
 

File Opening problem with 123 v.9

Post by mike bayl » Fri, 07 Apr 2000 04:00:00



> Hello all.
> I have installed 123 v9 onto a new PC and now have a problem opening
certain
> of the files I was using without a problem on the old PC.
> Specifically what happens is, on trying to load a file, I get the message

has
> too many arguments. Divide the formula into smaller parts."
> Clicking OK from this then gives me an illegal operation error in
> MAIN123.DLL and the program is shut down.
> There does not seem to be any way of opening theses files. I have also
tried
> them on different machines, with no luck. What I can't understand is why
> there should suddenly be a problem now, when I have used them
successfully
> previously.
> IF anyone can help with this, I would be mot appreciatve, as otherwise I
am
> going to have to recreate the files from scatch :(

> TIA,
> Simon King

> I have had a not dissimilar problem with Release 9. If I try to open a

large (about 500kbytes) file I get an error message and it says it has
performed an illegal operation and will close the program down. My
solution is to open a small file first and then open the large file.
Bingo! it works. Don't know if this will work
regards and good luck.
A devoted 1-2-3 user and I hate Excel!
Mike Bayly

--
Posted via CNET Help.com
http://www.help.com/

 
 
 

1. Can't open 123 v 5.0 in 123 v97

R> I have files from 123 version 5.0(wk4) and they will not open in my
R> upgraded 123 version 97. When I ask it to locate the file in "A"
R> drive lotus just hangs up??

R> Any Ideas??

Using 1-2-3 version 4.01 here but, could it be when selecting a file, you may
have to change the file type to 1-2-3 version 5?


--
---
pacifier.com - Vancouver's Public access Internet (360) 693-0325
telnet or dial the above and type "new" at the prompt to register

2. recovering a legato networker tape

3. actuarial vs clinical

4. File opening error with 123 v9.0

5. Windows NT DNS question

6. How to open Excel file in Lotus 123 v.5

7. PR Experts Prepare Y2K Spin

8. 123 file will not open

9. Lotus 123 gpf on file open

10. opening ".xls" file with lotus 123 r5

11. 123 r9 Open File Dialog Box