Cell Protection

Post by M. Mazzon » Thu, 17 Jul 2003 04:23:05

Having difficulty protecting contents of cells linked from other worksheets
within same workbook. Is there a way to protect just the contents without
locking the ability to format other atributes of the sheet. This is
important because i am using one sheet as the input for the other to
minimize redundent data entry. Also how can you protect the input sheet so
that the only changes that can be made are in the input feilds and no other
format changes.

Any help woud be greatly appreciated,

Matthew

Cell Protection

Post by Lynn » Fri, 18 Jul 2003 17:33:55

Can answer the second question (using Excel 97). Make sure your
workbook/worksheets are unprotected, then select all the cells in all the
worksheets, and go to "Format", "Cells", "Protection", and make sure
"Locked" is checked. Then select all your input cells and go to "Format",
"Cells", "Protection" and uncheck "Locked". Then select each sheet one by
one and go to "Tools", "Protection", "Protect sheet", tick all the boxes and
apply a password if you want to for each sheet (if you don't, anyone can go
in and unprotect the sheet(s) but they obviously have to know how).

Lynne Cartwright

Quote:> Having difficulty protecting contents of cells linked from other
worksheets
> within same workbook. Is there a way to protect just the contents without
> locking the ability to format other atributes of the sheet. This is
> important because i am using one sheet as the input for the other to
> minimize redundent data entry. Also how can you protect the input sheet so
> that the only changes that can be made are in the input feilds and no
other
> format changes.

> Any help woud be greatly appreciated,

> Matthew

1. Individual Cell Protection

Greetings,

Is it possible in Excel 2000 to protect a single cell, row or column,
instead of locking individual cells and protecting an entire sheet or
workbook? I really would like to create one spreadsheet with 5 protected,
hidden columns, and 5 more unprotected, visible columns for text entry.

Thanks,

Steve

2. DataTable - showing/hiding text based on hyperlinks

3. Cell protection

4. Java MSX

5. Cell protection disabled after copying the file

6. Question: Yacc tools and Windows...

7. Lotus 123 97 cell protection

8. Dwarf2 writer

9. Cell Protection

10. Cell Protection-Help Please!

11. Lotus 123 cell protection

12. foolproof read-protection of cells in 1-2-3 ?

13. ? Excel cell lock/protection ?