Commas, Saving as text

Post by fjuds » Tue, 18 Jul 1995 04:00:00

I have encountered a problem when generating text output.
If I write a text value containing a comma, it is delimited with quotes ("").
I have tried representing the comma as a comma, a number format, and a formula.
Does anyone know a way to bypass this delimiting when writing text?
francis
* Disclaimer:                                      PROUD AND FREE             *
* The opinions expressed above are                 a fierce ice borer bellows *
* solely my own. They do not necessarily           a challenge                *
* reflect those of my employer                     Discover - Apr 95 p15      *

1. Convert XL or comma dlimited text to lineat text?

How can I convert an XL file to linear text? I have columns with
prices that need to have zeros added in front of them so that all the
prices have the same number of characters.
I need to save these files in linear text (all fields lined up in
columns so that each field begins in the same column number (text).

I hope this makes sense to someone that can help.

Thanks,
Tom
Tom
http://www.bright.net/~tomwink

2. FS: Zaurus 5800 and Modem

3. Saving Comma/quote delimited data

4. Default Route Documentation Pointer needed

5. Newbie: How to save a comma separated file?

6. Please test using aol

7. HP6200...Whats the smallest format to save text images(not using text for.)??

8. How to mail the content of a datagrid easily ?

9. Windows text Editor which can save in Unix-Text format ?

10. Setting the text encoding when saving a document as text

11. HELP!: Excel Macro for import all-text comma-delimited file

12. Problem reading comma-delimited text files using VBA

13. Machine Vision : Targa --> Comma Delimited text file