Just found a great Dos spr-sht.

Post by ph9991_h.. » Thu, 06 May 1993 16:53:32

** ANYONE INTERESTED IN SPREADSHEETS FOR DOS **

I do not work for Trius, but I am a *very* happy customer of theirs.  I just
wanted to let everyone know that the latest version of AsEasyAs for Dos is now
available as an ftp.  The archive name is aea550b.zip (I think) and is
available virtually everywhere!

I normally use version 5.01, but I have found (especially as a physics major)
that 5.50 has some interesting additions.  A few:

o       Does least squares fits to somewhere around the fifth order.

o       Lets you have  a quasi-GUI, where you can now view your inserted
graphs on the screen without having to do a page view.

o       Much improved printer control (at least, on my system).

o       Viewing of the data and the fitted function on the same axes without
having to make another column of just the fitted data.

o       ..and more!..

Sorry if anyone thinks this is a plug.  I just thought that those interested
in obtaining a low-cost, high-quality spreadsheet for Dos might want to check
this one out.

Public Brand Software gave it a gold-trophy.

Registration is about $69.

--

Nickname: Sparky, 'cause I was stupid enough to touch a 500V supply!

1. SPR # 9911 Dos File System Corruption

A while back on the vxWorks news group there was a discussion of the
dosFsLib memory usage for some of the new patches. In this message there
was one section that said

SPR # 9911 - When DOS_OPT_EXPORT is used, dosFsLib will write to the
reserved
media bytes in the FAT Table.  This will cause Microsoft ScanDisk and
Norton
Disk Doctor to report an incorrect media byte in the FAT entry.  This
patch
does not fix this issue.  The current workaround is *NOT* to use
DOS_OPT_EXPORT
on filesystems that will be subjected to Microsoft ScanDisk and Norton
Disk
Doctor.

I think I may be being hit by this (currently still investigating) but
I am trying to find out what the ramifications of not using DOS_OPT_EXPORT
are. A quick test says that the drive can still be nfsMount'd and read
from other vxWorks boards.  So what am I missing if I don't use this option?

Jeff Creem

2. HOW to create .logout file

3. Xbox sales are doing GREAT!

4. Using "net time" to sync with Unix servers

5. Great CP-290 software for DOS!

6. Call Detail Record Help Please

7. I found a great window Booster - you must try it too !

8. Great source for parts found:

9. PKZIP on DOS great - what about UNIX

10. Can't find Great Lakes Scenery (changed drive letters)