Writing VBA code to work on all Localized versions of excel... sounds stupid i know..but

Writing VBA code to work on all Localized versions of excel... sounds stupid i know..but

Post by Hilt » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 19:37:07

Hi There, I've got this excelspreadsheet  written in english. However
to my utter disgust, there are different translations for lets say
chart types such as..."Line - Column on 2 Axes" in german is "Linie -
S?ule auf zwei Achsen" and so... so my dilema is how in the hell am I
supposed to know these translations.

Basically im having problems with some countries who have local
versions of excel running. Can someone point me in the right direction
to getting like a list of these chart types in their respective
localised versions??...another question.. does any one know the
Swedish Translation for "text" in excel 97

Basically what i have is
Select Case miID
 Case Is = 1031
  vsTextText = "Text"
 Case Is = 3082
  vsTextText = "Texto"
 Case Is = 1034
  vsTextText = "Texto"
 Case Is = 1036
  vsTextText = "Texte"
 Case Is = 1040
  vsTextText = "Testo"
 Case Is = 2057
  vsTextText = "Text"
 Case Is = 1033
  vsTextText = "Text"
 Case Is = 1053
  vsTextText = ""
 Case Else
  vsTextText = "Text"
End Select

With Excel.Worksheets(vsSheetName)
On Error GoTo ErrorHandle
.PasteSpecial Format:=ThisWorkbook.vsTextText, Link:=False,
DisplayAsIcon:=False
End With

the swedish ID is 1053 so does any1 know what the translation is for
"text"?.. thanks alot if u can help....

Jonathen