help on changing columns to rows and sending data to a cell based on cordinates

help on changing columns to rows and sending data to a cell based on cordinates

Post by Bill Coo » Fri, 28 Feb 1997 04:00:00

1.      We have equipment that stores data into a csv file with varying
dumbers on data values.  When we import these into a excel spread sheet,
they are all placed in row 1 from column a to end.  This only allows for
256 points.  How can we get this to read into a column instead.

2.      The second situation is where we will have data like this 35,13
now we want to put a X in row 35 at the 46th column. The row is no
problem but how to address the column value (column 13 is = column M)

1. How can I multiply (many) Excel 5 cells in rows by cells in columns?

Is there an array formula (or something else) that would take the place of
=(C2*$B$50)+(D2*$B$51)+(E2*B$52) etc. etc.?
Each column (C through DK) contains unique data which is multilplied by the
appropriate row in column B. This data
is column B is linked to a formula on another page, so I can't transpose
this data from column format to row format
without losing the link, which is no good. There are approx. 100 columns
and rows, so this is a pain.

Can anyone help with this one? I can set this array formula up OK if the
"B" column data is transposed to row format; it's keeping the link that's
the problem.

Thanks in advance,

Tom Sheppard

2. Windows XP connecting to Web Printing on 2000 Server

3. VBA code to delete row based on vaule of one cell within that row?

4. AG reader for Unix?

5. deleting duplicate rows and inserting rows based on cell differences

6. Power 28.8 - Where's Ver. 2???

7. SQL: delete rows based on a column being like-compared to other rows

8. width and size of figure text

9. Send Email Based on Change in Cell Value

10. sending e mail based on data in column in excel

11. EXCEL 5/HELP: row # of the active cell in cell formulas?

12. 1-2-3 cell, row, column, block protecting (newbie)

13. Excel 5.0 VBA: Getting row/column of active cell