Visual Basic in Excel 97 - Beginners Help Please.

Visual Basic in Excel 97 - Beginners Help Please.

Post by Shadowma » Mon, 12 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Hi.

I am a relative beginner at using Visual Basic for Applications in Excel
97 and I'm stuck.

I have created a user form which is to be used as an 'about box'. I have
amended the original Help Command Bar Menu so it now only shows One
item, namely the 'About' item.

I want my user form to appear when the user selects this item from the
menu. I know that I have to attach a macro to the menu, but I am not
sure of the code needed to invoke the user form.

I would very much appreciate some pointers.

Cheers.

Martin Stickley
University of Kent
Canterbury, England

Visual Basic in Excel 97 - Beginners Help Please.

Post by Marc Schoenfel » Mon, 12 Jan 1998 04:00:00

I believe this may solve your problem.  "AboutBox" is your subroutine which
brings up the aboutbox

With Application.MenuBars(xlWorksheet)
        .Menus.Add "Help"
            With .Menus("Help")
                .MenuItems.Add "About", "AboutBox"

-----------------------

>Martin Stickley
>University of Kent
>Canterbury, England

Visual Basic in Excel 97 - Beginners Help Please.

Post by John Dav » Tue, 13 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Two ways,

1. Code it
2. Use Menu Editor

The second is probably the easiest.