Quattro Pro 5

Post by Charle » Mon, 14 Sep 1998 04:00:00

I am anxious to widen my horizon on the possibilities presented by
spreadsheets, in this case Quattro Pro.
Quatro Pro was chosen as I understood that there was no limit to the
number of rows that could be employed, I was scheduling a major
construction job at the time.
I suppose I am looking for worked examples that I can learn from. Any
suggestions would be welcome.
--
Charles

Quattro Pro 5

Post by John Walkenbac » Tue, 15 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Before you get too far into this, you should be aware that Quattro Pro does
*not* have unlimited rows. The most recent version has 8,192 rows. The
current versions of 1-2-3 and Excel, on the other hand, support 65,536 rows.

The amount of QPro info and examples on the Web is rather limited. The best
source is Corel's site (but it seems that they no longer support QPro 5). By
way of contrast, you'll find tons of information regarding Excel.

Just food for thought...

----- Posted by John Walkenbach of JWalk & Associates -----
-----          Visit "The Spreadsheet Page"           -----
-----            http://www.j-walk.com/ss             -----

Quote:>I am anxious to widen my horizon on the possibilities presented by
>spreadsheets, in this case Quattro Pro.
>Quatro Pro was chosen as I understood that there was no limit to the
>number of rows that could be employed, I was scheduling a major
>construction job at the time.
>I suppose I am looking for worked examples that I can learn from. Any
>suggestions would be welcome.
>--
>Charles

Quattro Pro 5

Post by Felix Miat » Tue, 15 Sep 1998 04:00:00

> I am anxious to widen my horizon on the possibilities presented by
> spreadsheets, in this case Quattro Pro.
> Quatro Pro was chosen as I understood that there was no limit to the
> number of rows that could be employed, I was scheduling a major
> construction job at the time.
> I suppose I am looking for worked examples that I can learn from. Any
> suggestions would be welcome.

If you mean Quattro Pro for DOS, it is limited to 8192 rows per sheet,
but like all modern SS apps, a single file (workbook) can have a large
number of sheets, each with 8192 rows.
--
"   Republican government loses half of its value, where the m*and
social duties are . . . negligently practiced. To exterminate our

 Team OS/2   ***  SCSI ONLY since 1990

Felix Miata  ***  http://www.veryComputer.com/~mrmazda

Quattro Pro 5

Post by Kevin R. Weave » Tue, 15 Sep 1998 04:00:00

I wouldn't select a spreadsheet product because of the number of rows.  I
think you need to investigate the features you need and select on the
basis of that.  Another consideration is the support for the spreadsheet
product, what's available for free and for a fee, what is the tendency
for development in your construction field, etc.

I think you'll find that Excel is the most widely used spreadsheet
product on PCs, probably followed by Lotus 1-2-3 and then, maybe Quattro
Pro.

> I am anxious to widen my horizon on the possibilities presented by
> spreadsheets, in this case Quattro Pro.
> Quatro Pro was chosen as I understood that there was no limit to the
> number of rows that could be employed, I was scheduling a major
> construction job at the time.
> I suppose I am looking for worked examples that I can learn from. Any
> suggestions would be welcome.
> --
> Charles

1. Quattro Pro 6: Cell format problem; extra ",Quattro"

I've been running Quattro Pro 6 since '95 and have been very happy with it.
Recently, though, when I format a numeric cell for CURRENCY, the cell shows
this: $,Quattro322.13, instead of this: $322.13.  I've tried many things to
get rid of this extra ",Quattro", but to no avail.  Any ideas?

Brad Snow
bdsservices at chena dot net

2. Question not answered in FAQ

3. Quattro Pro & GeoWorks Pro

4. BEFSR41 Config question

5. Quattro Pro Receipt Template

6. pgp2.6.X

7. Quattro Pro: Calculating filtered data

8. Link Script problem with data-only module(MIPS)

9. Quattro Pro Reads and Writes Lotus 1-2-3 files

10. Quattro Pro & VBA

11. Quattro Pro 10 & VBA UDF functions

12. sorting data in non-contiguous columns in corel quattro pro 8

13. Quattro Pro for Windows (old versions)