Accepted tasks for Excel via DDE link

Post by grbower » Fri, 02 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I am a geographic information system (GIS) analyst trying to write scripts
to accomplish DDE conversations between my software (ArcView) and Excel.  I
can't find any information on acceptable syntax for tasks that can be
submitted to Excel when it is designated as the server.  I am especially
interested in what I am allowed to use with the execute request.

I'm hoping I don't have to buy a $50 book to get a list of requests and
parameters.  Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Accepted tasks for Excel via DDE link

Post by Laurent Longr » Sun, 04 Apr 1999 04:00:00

DDE for Excel is based on the "old" macro-language (XLM). Its commands
and functions are listed in the help file Macrofun.hlp, available at:

http://support.microsoft.com/support/downloads/LNP129.asp

Laurent

grbowers a crit :

Quote: