Creating Excel macro to open an executable file in local directory?

Creating Excel macro to open an executable file in local directory?

Post by Stuart A Hil » Fri, 12 Jul 1996 04:00:00

To run a helpfile use this code

Sub test()
    Application.Help ("c:\windows\mcenu.hlp")
End Sub

The syntax for this method is

MyApp.Help(helpfile,helpcontextID)

Good Luck

Stuart A Hill
London

Post by Cyrus K. Meh » Fri, 12 Jul 1996 04:00:00

I would like to create a visual basic routine or macro that would open a file
in the local directory such as a *.hlp file, not a .xl? file.  Basically
I want Excel to open a help file that I have created.

3934 Spruce Street              WWW: http://futures.wharton.upenn.edu/~mehta11
Philadelphia, PA 19104          School Phone: (215) 387-8732

Know when to let go of what was... and be certain that your focus is always on
the moment... and that your plans only concern the future.
Not the past.
                                                 -- Jim Profit

You can deny all the things I have seen, all the things that I have discovered,
but not for much longer.  Cuz too many others know whats happening out there,
and no one has jurisdiction over the truth.
                                                 -- Fox Mulder

1. howto: open/create a file as executable

Is it possible to open/create a file with open that does not exist and give
it a umask that makes it executable, say for the purpose of generating shell
scripts?

For example, say

open OUT_FILE, MAGIC_UMASK, "/scripts/new_script";

where the current umask is 2.
Is the only option to chmod the file after it has been created?

Thanks for any help.
-Ken

--------------------
Systems Inc.

2. Logitech MouseWare conflicts with SMS client

3. EXCEL Macro to process all files in a directory

4. CAN bus chip for 68HC11F1

5. Help: Need to run Excel Macro on all files in directory

6. DIGPAK & MIDPAK WEB SITE

7. excel opens all files in directory on startup

8. Opening sequential files in a directory - Excel 5

9. Excel Macro Code Request for List files and Move specified directory

10. Opening an excel file while excel is open

11. Excel: can add-ins be saved within an Excel file?

12. Creating a 'Splash screen' as Excel file opens